Hi point Firearms and guns in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi point Firearms and guns in general

I carry a Sig 220... The old school one.... It says Made in W. Germany. My wife carries a Glock .40. I like both of them but have yet to ever "need" to take live target practice. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

hmm, guns... I'm into that kind of stuff as well lately, although only for sports. I wonder about 1 thing; in the USA the basic thought is that they are for protection. I wonder how drasticly your chances of surviving increase after you drew your gun in a threatening situation and pointed it at the threat. Bill got out well if I get that right (out of interest, did the guy die you shot at?)

I started to wonder about that last week. in the Netherlands there are very few cops shot and until last week it was 7 years ago a policeman was killed. last week there were 2 cops shot during a search in a shoppingmall of a drugsdealer; 1 died instantly, the other one is still in critical state. What made me wonder was this: I was at the same spot 15 minutes before doing my shoppings, most likely I saw the killer. If I had a gun and being at the same place, what would have happend? most likely I would have drew it and shot the guy, if he wasn't first. he appeared to be a good shot: fired only 2 rounds: 1 cop in the chest, another in the head, now the only victims were the cops, I think there might have been a lot more if there were ppl carrying, but I'm not sure about that. does anyone know these kind of figures if they excist, the only way to measure that is by comparing between countries, which gives a distorted image....

Harrald

Comment

Check out the SigPro SP2340. Not too big, very good shooter and it is easy to control. It is Sig's first poly framed gun with the firing mechanism built into the back of the handle. The Glock's use little sheet metal guides for the upper slide....Sig uses big ole blocks of steel instead. More solid gun than Glock. My firearms instructor loved it so much that he sold his Glock to a student about 5 minutes after he shot mine and went and bought the exact same Sig the very next day.....he shoots pro tournaments. He doesnt use a Glock or Sig at the tourneys....he uses a 1911 .45 that is modded to hell and back.

Here is my take on the Sig:
        Very easy to control recoil.
        Easy to maneuver.
        Comes with 2 different grips for different sized hands.
        You have the option to upgrade to a stainless black slide with Trijicon sites.
        You can buy a 9mm barrel and mags...drop them in and done.
        You can use the original mags and replace with a .357 Sig barrel and shoot the .357 Sig round....it has the same muzzle velocity as a .357 magnum.....out of an auto....its just a necked down .40 shell with a .357 bullet.
        My SP2340 shot all rounds very well.....but, it really loved the Federal +P+ hollow points.
        The negative.....With the Stainless slide option......expect to dump around $650.00.-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

If your looking for a real sweet shooter, check out the HK USP/45 with Hydroshok loads. Its a real go-getter.

Adrian
          All hail the 'King'
          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

No unfortunately that douche I shot three times lived...but he has a horrible limp if that any consulation.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sigs and Barretas ...yeah baby!!

Hey I have a lot of faith in Smith and Wesson as well ....but like I said they are a true workhorse.

Glocks are OK ...But I find NOTHING special in their design , performance or quality...and they can be quirky ...that I don't need.

My Bodygaurd I used as a hammer to break noses , heads , windows , has be ran over by a car , dropped in a pond and it's still perfect...try that with a Glock!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hmmm... Glocks are of the finest handguns produced really. Glock 19s and 17s have been in use by the Israeli Special Forces since like 1996, and replaced Sig P225s and P226s, a gun that I consider a personal favorite. Must be something to them ehh?

Those guys have a generous budget and unlike the US Military, that area of the Israeli Forces get only best available weapons regardless of manufacturer affiliations with officals, umm, if you know what I mean.

Glocks are pretty well known for exceptional durabilty and reliability as well. It takes some times to get used to the features though for sure.

Comment

Here you are talking about which gun you are going to use to shoot me and the Admins won't let us talk about the debates. That sounds like "Tongue Control" to me. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

You want to debate, use my board. Debate away...

Comment

Debating is not the point. Not being able to debate by the fiat of the Admins is the point. Why can't we, on a general section of the forum, talk about the most important aspect of our lives? I guess we have to sterilize and neutralize any topic that might ruffle someone's feathers or otherwise make them think. Back to you. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I guess we have to sterilize and neutralize any topic that might ruffle someone's feathers or otherwise make them think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, and you just noticed this?

Comment

Well, call me deaf, dumb and blind. Blast away but don't step on my opinionated shoes.

Comment

Probably because someone in the administration was offended by the Democrats of the board. Back to the topic though, this thread was about guns [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have shot HK's, and the recoil is considerably less than with S&W, presumably bacuse of their dual spring system. Beautiful guns, they feel great in my hands. I carry a Beretta 92 when I'm hiking. It's pretty big and heavy, but that's no problem on a hike. I would like to get a HK USP40 though. The 40 seems like a great combination of the best features of 9mm vs 45.

Some people swear by Glocks, but the couple that I have shot just didn't feel right. Great reliability, though.
                            If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

I just talked to the Range SGT. (my old partner) at the Cleveland Police Dept. and the problems and malfunctions with the Glocks is so out of control that the president of the patrolman's union is calling it a major saftey issue...I don't know that model # but it's the new full capacity 9mm models...

I remember we couldn't wait to change to Glocks until we did ...now they all want their Smiths back..oh well.

I'm retired and don't have to worry about it anymore I guess , but I do have a lot of friends who depend on them with their lives and they are not happy campers.

a lot of accidental discharges , too much to count ..that is not good.

Luckily nobody got hurt or killed ...yet

I guess it'll take somebody to die by a misfire to do something about it ...like usual.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm sure I have the cheapest POS 9mm of anyone here - a Bryco Jennings Model 59. It was $139 brand new! It shot better than my buddy's Glock Model 17 at the gun club though, but it's single action so you have to carry a round chambered. It's definitelly all I could afford when I got it shortly after the LA riots. I went to the range, learned to use it, cleaned it, and tha was it. I clean it once`a year even though I never fire it.

I don't feel the need to carry where I live, so for me it's strictly a burglar repellent.
                                I have it loaded with Hydra-Shoks and if 2 13-round mags don't get the burglar I'll have sure **** up my place!

If I were in a position whre I needed to carry
                                I'd get something better, but it's alright for what it is. It's heavier than hell, made of nickel and would be great for pistol whipping a burglar! Once upside the head would put him to sleep unless he was a grizzly bear!

How about Ruger? I've heard the P89 is a decent and affordable pistol. I used to have a Mark I .22 and that was a cool little plinker!
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X