• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101 rules of progressive metal

http://www.shadows.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26291

I love this one:
    [ QUOTE ]
    38. Use a non-standard instrument like violin, saxophone or kazoo, regardless of how idiosyncratic it turns out to be. This constitutes being prog.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: 101 rules of progressive metal

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I find this one right on:

12. Own every side-project a member of Dream Theater has been involved in. Listen to approximately none of them regularly.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

49. When are you able to play something at half speed very sloppy, proudly state that you "nail" the song in question.

50. People are bound to ask for a recording of the feat mentioned in rule 49. However, you are not able to provide it to them, because a) your recording equipment got dissolved by digestive acid yesterday, you don`t need to prove anything to people. Your word should be good enough c) you don`t know anything about computers (even though you sit by one most of the day), as you spend most of your day practicing your instrument.

=======
      hey, that hurts man. That really hurts. Besides, my recording equipment DID get dissolved by digestive acid yesterday
      Hail yesterday

Comment

29. Get an Ibanez. This is not negotiable.

Haha, pure gold!

I love that list. The Black Metal one is pretty good too.

Comment

29, 49, and 50 are so true! bwhahahahahah [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

6. When showcasing a new prog metal band to a non-musician friend, put on the most technically difficult song, and skip directly to the solo part.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], I feel ashamed now!
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

18. A song under four minutes is NOT prog. If you are stuck with a song under four minutes, insert a phrygian solo trade-off between the guitarist and keyboardist as long as needed.

Comment

Working...
              X