Mastodon - Leviathan...is it true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastodon - Leviathan...is it true?

is this album all it's hyped up to be? I heard one song from it....on Headbanger's Ball last Saturday...seemed pretty kick ass. But there is talks of album of 2004 here.

Anybody own this? I guess it's a Moby Dick concept album..which sounds pretty cool.

Re: Mastodon - Leviathan...is it true?

Which track did you hear? I haven't found the record in a store yet, but I've got Blood & Thunder and Iron Tusk on my computer, and they kick rediculous amounts of ass!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    The "white whale, holy whale" chorus makes me laugh too...

Comment

I don't know I have "Remission" and well ....it's OK ...that's all I could say ...It's OK.

I'm not buying this one ...too much other awesome new stuff I'd rather buy..

I'm no help here ...They should do some solos or somethin' ...sometimes a no solo album can make it a very boring listen...

The last time I listened to "Remission" I was bored outta my skull..it has some moments.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah...the critics are ravign about this new one...saying it makes remission more than obsolete. All the magazines adn e-zines are giving this leviathan some hefty praise.

Comment

hmmmmm...maybe I'll trade in my Remission for the new one then....because I won't really miss it.

The first track off Remission kinda reminds me of Coroner's "Die by my hand" ...which is pretty cool....and March of the fire ants is cool too.

I got it on right now ...it has it's good moments but it's far from awesome.

I'll check into the new one..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, the stuff I've heard doesn't have solos either, but I think that's kind of their thing. Mastodon is almost more towards indie noise than straight-up metal, but it's great! I have the lifesblood EP and I can't listen to it in the car because it makes me want to ram everyone...

Comment

I think that Mastodon is one of those bands you need to see live and/or crank up LOUD a few times to really appreciate. Motorhead sounds like total ass on low volume, but when you crank that SH1T up, you get it.

Comment

Motorhead....god I haven't listened to them in years. Lemmy has cocoa puffs stuck to his face...

Comment

cocoa puffs ....that fuggin' rules!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nice.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

but I dig some Mastodon ...enough for me to go and buy Remission ...they are pretty cool but I'm partial to solos...one reason I never fully embraced Fear Factory and they are cool too!..

Comment

Working...
                  X