Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Question for drummers... - JCFonline.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for drummers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for drummers...

Are there even any drummers here on the JCF? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Are they allowed?
    Just kidding.

Okay. Here's the deal. My Dad is a pro-drummer and has everything. Every year on his birthday I try to come up with something cool or whacky that is percussion related to send him. Eyeballs that are shakers...
    some weird t-shirt he can wear to gigs... whatever.
    Anyway- I thought these CDs here looked like fun, but I don't know... they could be really lame.
    Anyone ever hear of these?
    Anyone have any gift suggestion for me? (No- he won't play a guitar, I already tried- haha).

link here: Turn-it up & lay-it down CDs

Re: Question for drummers...

Yes, as a drummer, seeing as we usually have no friends, this would be very cool.

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Sticks ...drummers always need sticks ...get his favorite kind and send him a batch!!

and maybe a mail order bride fron china ...he'll probably like that too...kiddin'. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sticks I was thinking of definitely- didn't know if they were one of those things that drummers like to get themselves. Like strings are for me.
        The mail order bride from China is an EXCELLENT idea. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Dad would love that, Mama would think it was a "hoot". And she would use just that word too.

Hmmm... sticks... he uses Vater hickorys but I have no idea if he likes the nylon or wood ones, or which size. Probably wood- he would like wood. Well, not that kind. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Yeah- Dad has his bandmates for buddies... but no drummer buddies. That's why I thought the CDs would be hilarious. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Drummer buddy in a case. I could send them in a basket. Basket-case...Who could ask for more?

Comment

man, yeah dude, get him a case of sticks! Vaters are nice, though i like pro-marks, but yeah, anyways, sounds good Em!
          and if you were wondering, the difference between nylon and wood, lies on the tips. so if his sticks have a plastic looking tip, they're nylon, but your porlly knew that. i'll shut up now...haha/

Comment

Thanks Seven.. cool. I will look into the pro-marks, he hasn't mentioned those before and he's always game to try new things.

Okay... what size? I know nothing about all these sizes and stuff. I just know the diff between wood and nylon and that he likes Vater.

Thanks a mill!

Em

Comment

Raid his collection of drumsticks, bring them to the store, and get the salesperson to sell you a bunch of the same kind. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That way, it won't be your fault if you get him the wrong sticks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wish I could. He lives 3000 miles away!!

Comment

Oh crap! I did NOT realize that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hmmmm... perhaps phone/e-mail your mom and ask her which ones he prefers, or at least get her to help you identify them? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm.... I could... if I were brave. Remember she's Italian so there would be a lot I would have to sift through just to be able to eek out my question. Whenna yous gonna call me, huh? Whenna yous going to send me a new picture of a my grand-a-babies, eh? (I just sent her one) Yous not eatin' enuff.. I KNOWS! Ima yer Mother! I sees you. I know. I have the eye.
                    Bwhahahaha!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But Mama is sly... she could help me out definitely. Or get me the number of one of his bandmates and they could tell me. Hmmm... this is all good.

Comment

Italians are beautiful people ...passionate is the word ...no horny is more like it!!

That's my excuse

Oh EM how about a Vibraslap like that rattlesnake sound in the beginning of Crazy Train or those hells bells chimes ...I love those things...Or maybe a splash or pang he's been wanting..or some new heads ...or maybe some new wrestling shoes ...drummers like to wear those kind of shoes when they play..

How about a double bass pedal so he could play some Dimmu ...that was my best investment for my son Vinny ...now he's a double kickin' lil' freak!!

or maybe a lesson video of one of his favorite players ...Vinny liked Dave Weckel (sp) ...he's a jazz dude that my old drummer left the tape here ..so Vin picked up a lot of techniques and vibe from that video..

Get Tery Bozzio ...he's amazing and very entertaining for all drummers..IMO.

just shootin' some ideas out there...Maybe a new Drum throne ...his milk crate is probaly giving the poor dude a hemroid ...get a hemroid friendly drum throne.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Si, Italianos sono gente lascivo!

I'll let y'all figure out what "lascivo" means. Muahahaha.
                        Okay... dunno if my Italian is quite right... but its close enough. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

What the hell is a vibraslap?? Dare I even ask? That sounds really cool though.
                        Yeah, have heard of the wrestling shoes. I believe Charlie Benante wears those. Great idea, actually. Never would have thought of that!
                        The video is a great idea too... geez. Never thought there would be so many cool drummer gifties! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        His idol is Mic Fleetwood. Terry Bozio I will check out- haven't heard of him.

He's got a double bass pedal- just got a new one a couple months ago and does he EVER go to town with it! He worships that thing. I can hear him even over Mother on the phone.
                        He does have a drum throne... but its just a regular boring one. Nothing cool, like with FLAMES or something. That's an idea. I saw one over at the music store downtown... that would be verra cool. Cool indeed.

Holy crap. I could spend a small fortune on Dad- he deserves it... but I'll get him something cool. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Check out the gas charged thrones they are like air seats in a truck very comfy,and great for your back,best piece of drum gear I ever got [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img].

Comment

Oh DER!! I know who Terry Bozzio is!! Cool... Dad would love a Boz video. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] He's played with Jagger and Dweezil, right? I gotta look into this some more. Thanks, Bill.

Space- gas charged throne, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Funny. Okay- I'm off to do a search on those. He'd love that too.

Comment

I saw a Bozzio clinic about 4 years ago....UNBEFREAKINLEAVABLE.He was doing his 1 man percussive orchestra. Had a 60 piece kit with 6 bass drums...he was so fast we laughed that he must have had midgets back there with him.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X