Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Question for drummers... - JCFonline.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for drummers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for drummers...

Okay... I'm getting the Live in Concert Bozzio for Dad- he will FREAK. And then so will Mother because he will all of sudden decide he needs to expand his kit. Again.

Here's a link: Bozzio Vids

I'm gonna have to get this vid for me too! I gotta figure out what the "PAL" and "NTSC" means first. Anyone know?

Midgets.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Too funny.

Comment

PAL and NTSC are the DVD formats... sort of like VHS and BATA when referring to video cassettes. I believe North America uses the NTSC DVD format, although being a DISC, you'd think there'd finally be ONE united accepted format the whole world could use. I THINK I got that right... Hope this helps. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

A vibraslap is that rattlesnake rattle noisemaking thing at the beginning of "Crazy Train" as Bill said... it's very distinct and you can hear it in between the bass parts and Ozzy laughing in the intro.

Comment

how about some bongos or congas or some cowbells-you can never have too much cowbell. You could also check out some of those crazy DJEMBEs or whatever they are...some kind of African drum. I'm not even a drummer and I think those would be cool to have and experiment with. Or find out who his favorite drummer is and try to find some autographed sticks on the Bay?

Comment

I must say. listening to all you non-drummers is cracking me up. His initial idea was the best idea. Home drummers are ALWAYs looking for music to play with,and with the drum track removed? Very cool. Trust me. I am a degreed drummer for god-sakes.

Feaking guitarists, think they know everything.....

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Okay.. who's initial idea? Mine??
            If so, I'm a "her" and yeah, I remember that being Dad's bane. Always looking for something to play to where he didn't have to compete with another drummer on the track.
            He may have been playing for 36 years, but he still practices. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            I saw those nifty doodle CDs and thought they'd be a neat idea- still plan to get them for him. I just have no idea about this kind of "drummer" stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I don't know just how nifty those CDs are- worth a shot though even for a laugh. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

I'm sure he'll love anything you'll get him Em ...

I saw that Terry Bozzio clinic ...I was never so entertained by a "drummer" in my life

That dude is a one man band.

How about a cowbell ..."I need more Cowbell"!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Omigod. No cowbell. Please no cowbell. I was tortured with cowbell as a kid!! And that is ALL I'm sayin'- cuz I don't want no cowbell-ass reputation.
                Cowbell- holy crap. I hate that cowbell. But.. I do like Blue Oyster Cult a la Mad TV. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah. Did will get sumpin' cool. He'll love it. I'm his only daughter- he loves everything I do. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yawn. I gotta get to bed, man.
                Night.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I must say. listening to all you non-drummers is cracking me up.. Trust me. I am a degreed drummer for god-sakes.

Feaking guitarists, think they know everything.....

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]God, No wonder drummers don't have any friends. If your dad has been playing for 36 years, I think the Laz-E-Boy air-ride stool is the way to go. If he can keep his buns cozy, he'll be able to play another 36 years. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

the hell with drumm stuff ....if you can afford it Em, a Lazy boy with heat and message w / cooler sounds pretty nice ..

but that'll set ya back about a G...

hell buy one for you and Sarge too ...it's only money

yeah right.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

BillZ,
                      I would love to send Dad one o'those bad boys!! He has a lazy boy, but not with heat and massage! He would never get out of it. Mother would make him move it to his rehearsal space. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      The cooler TOO! They make layzeeboys with coolers?? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                      What am doing wanting guitars? Sarge doesn't need a baby grand either! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Actually.. this super-uber-chair would make a great retirement gifty for Dad in a few years. I'll hold onto that idea.

Checked out some drum thrones today...and found out what that vibratorslap is. That is cool. Dad don't have one o'dose. Mom does though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

With all these ideas y'all threw at me I am set for Dad presents for awhile. Thanks!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

and found out what that vibratorslap is. That is cool. Dad don't have one o'dose. Mom does though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Toooo much info! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

As a drummer on this forum, I vote for a 28" Wuhan Gong. My bandmates LOVE it and I believe I'm the only drummer in town gigging with a full sized gong. On the video front, check out Bobby Jarzombek's instructional video. He's inhuman in ability. Bill knows of him from his Spastic Ink work with his brother.

Dave

Comment

Yeah a Gong!! He can set that on fire like Alex Van Halen...awesome!!!

Comment

A Wuhan Gong!! Woah nelly. That would be superb! I know he does not have one of those.
                              Hmmm... he would need some lighter fluid and long stick matches too... or better yet, he could light his drumstix on fire.
                              This could turn out to be one real smokin' birthday. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

hey, a lot of guys seem to like the size 5A's. you could try asking your mom or dad though for sure.

And hey, if your dad's up for some new music, get him the new deluxe Shadows fall record. and he can watch Jason Bittner's drum tutoral on the dvd! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                                -that is, if he's into metal and double bass stuff. mwahahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X