Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was you first concert.

[ QUOTE ]
    Motley Crue and Whitesnake....I think I was 13 or 14 or 15...I cant remember...The Girls Girls Girls tour...Freedom Hall CC in Johnson City, TN

My favorite concert though was Brad Paisley, Montgomery Gentry, and somebody else dammit I cant remember his name.....Dobbins Bennett High School football field in Kingsport TN

Then there was Phil Vassar and Keith Urban at Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol TN

Damn, thats ALL!! Ive lived a pitiful life....

I did have tickets to AC/DC's Who Made Who tour but I gave them away and won tickets to see Charlie Daniels and a buttload of others at Eastern Carolina Universitys football field, and gave those away too...

Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

The Montgomery Gentry guys about killed me. I went to this hotel/bar where the some bands stay when the play the gorge at george. Any I went there to meet this chick I was kind of with the night before. Well I show up a shes wearing a MG tank top hanging with troy. I am drinking for free cause a friend of mine was managing and since I am out a woman I figure I might as well get ripped. Next thing you know these guya are passing around trays full of Jim Beam shots. Drank all the JB in the bar. Last thing I remember was drinking a highball shot with the southern dudes telling me have another. Shortly after I drove home at about 80 through town. Then I proceeded to puke for about 4 hours straight. The closest I have every been to alcohol death. I am not a lightweight either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Girlschool /The Scorpions / Iron Maiden ...1981

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that maiden tour-was it piece of mind or number of the beast?

[/ QUOTE ]

'81 would've been Killers. NOTB was '82, POM '83
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Def Leppard - Pyromania tour. I think I was 16. My friend and I wore the sleeveless "Rock Brigade" concert shirts for years after that. Anyone remember those??

Comment

Then it was 1982 when I saw that show ...because Bruce just joined Maiden for NOTB..

Me and the Wife (just got married) were belly to the stage for Whitesnake / Motley Crue...I was bummed because John Sykes wasn't playin' and that hack Cambell from Dio was playing with Adrian instead.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I liked Sykes much better than Vivian..still do

also saw Motley open for Ozzy with Jake on the BATM tour ...that was cool...that was right before MC turned totally gay....well they were always a little gay ...but the first two albums were pretty cool at the time....I threw up at that show..I used to throw up a lot at shows..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            March 1990,Motley Crue on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour. Faster Pussycat opened. Johnson City, TN. Pretty cool show!

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction : It was the Dr. Feelgood tour, Girls, Girls,Girls just popped in my head for some reason. Brain fade [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

1st concert...38 Special, Starship.
              1st arena concert...Bryan Adams, Aerosmith, Sammy Hagar, Journey...Miami,Fla.
              1st concert I actually enjoyed...John Butcher Axis (sp), Krokus, Def Leppard.
              1st concert that turned me into a metal head for life...MAIDEN, powerslave tour, Twisted sister as an opener.
              Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

foo fighters 2002 good but i was in the balcony

Comment

Aerosmith on the night in the ruts tour 1979. Pat Travers opened for them.

Comment

The Who, 1979. Wish I'd seen them before Keith Moon died, but still a great show. Tickets were $9. I think I still have the T-shirt somewhere.

Comment

first concert was queen live killers '78? maybe? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                      X