Safe to put in garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to put in garage?

OK, I'm having the carpets cleaned and I am taking this time to clean up my crap pile in my bedroom. I want to start putting stuff in my garage. My garage is underneath the house(I live on a hill), and it has a concrete floor and walls. The roof is the floor of first floor of the house. Water CAN get into the garage floor, but not very deep. I have one of those jars of dessicant that helps keep moisture out of the air, but it's been foggy lately. I live in Los Angeles, where it almost never rains, but it DOES happen sometimes. I have a very thick blanket stapled to the back of the garage door, and it drags on the floor and soaks up water, but it keeps it dry inside. Here's a list of things that I might put in there, let me know if tany of these shouldn't go in there:

>300 issues of old Playboy
    Kustom-style upholstered speaker cabinet with no speakers
    Charvel(and similar style) guitar cases(empty, the guitars are on the wall)

That's about it. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
    ROCK 'N ROLL!!

Re: Safe to put in garage?

That stuff should be fine. Just keep it off the floor. Put the cases on a shelf and cover them with a dropcloth. They should be fine.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'd be willing to host the Playboys for ya! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        let me know if tany of these shouldn't go in there:

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked the Sarge this very important question of yours... he says that the back issues of playboy you should take over to the local high school and donate to all the 16 year old boys. Don't store 'em- share the wealth! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Hey- I'm just repeating what he says.

Happy House Cleaning. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

The Playboys should be fine providing there is no Organic substance on the pages. I have had a subscription since '85 but I have donated one as soon as I get the next one. Mostly to guys that wives won't let them buy one. I feel sorry for them because they get the "Why do you have to look at them when you have me?".
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            OK, I'm having the carpets cleaned and I am taking this time to clean up my crap pile in my bedroom. Here's a list of things that I might put in there, let me know if tany of these shouldn't go in there:

[/ QUOTE ] Your mags are going to smell as skanky as the centerfolds if you leave them down there for any length of time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
            X