Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help finding a good in dash receiver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding a good in dash receiver.

I need help finding a good in dash receiver. I have a infinity kappa 692.5i rear deck and infinity kappa 652.5i speakers in the doors. I also run them through a profile ap600 amp. I am wondering what would be a good in dash receiver to complete the set up. I have a 2004 KIA Optima ex v6. If anyone can point me in the direction of a good receiver for under 180 bucks, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Z
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: Need help finding a good in dash receiver.

Alpine.. any of the 9800 series are excellent bang for the buck... The newer Clarion line of headunits are great too...

Nice speakers by the way... I just got the Alpine cda7998 head unit and Ifinity Perfect DVQ 10 dual voice coil sub, Infinity 1500 watt mono amp and Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5 coax speakers for the rear. I'm just waiting to save up more points to get the Infinity perfect 6.5" components for the doors and the Infinity 4 Channel 500+ watt amp...and my system will be done... It's gonna pound!!!! And it's gonna sound great for metal with just the single 10" runnin off 1500 watts... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree. I have used nothing but Alpine for the past 15 years. I have an 9830 currently installed in my vehicle now.

Comment

I have decided to go with either the Clarion ProAudio DXZ545MP, the Sony CDX-F5005X, or the Alpine CDM-9823. I just need to decide which one will work best for me. Can somone give me some advice?

Comment

Personaly, I have had nothing but bad luck with every sony item I have ever owned. I don't have much experience with Alpine, but I hear they are good. I've owned many Clarions and can't asy enough good things about them.

I myself love Pioneer the best. For the money, you can't go wrong with the Pioneer DEH-P4600MP. You get Mp3/WMA capability with it (I'm sure you do with the three you picked) and that is one of the best advancements in car audio IMO. Have you tried www.crutchfield.com ? They are really good price wise.

Good luck!
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Stay away from the Sony! Back away slowly... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I used to sell car audio... there is a reason they call their line Sony "X-plod"... Sony headunits suckass and they are WAY over priced! Pioneer are good too, I just don't like those TINY buttons... If you stick with Alpine or Clarion you'll be happy!

Comment

So do most football teams. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

GMS, so have you made your decision?

Comment

I think I have. After considering everything I could have possibly considered, I have decided to go with the Clarion ProAudio DXZ545MP. I believe this will give me everything I need. Now the only question is do I buy it from crutchfield, or do I buy it from ebay for way less? Any advice?

Comment

I bought my pioneer head unit from ebay and have had no problems that I wouldn't have had if buying it new from a dealer. I think you will do well on eBay, but be cautious. I would be careful about "factory reconditioned" units. Crutchfield is decent too, but you will do better pricewise on eBay IMO.

Good luck.
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Actually, now that I look at it, I have found pretty much my entire system on ebay for less than what I paid for it. I might have to look into this a little further...

Comment

Dude... my brother bought his Clarion headunit on eBay and he got it for like $230, it the one you can store music inside... It holds like 6 cd's worth of music on a hard disc or something. Anyway, $230 for that headunit was a ridiculously low price... The guy selling had almost all the Clarion line and alot more... I can't remember what his eBay ID was though... he had a store on there too.. Shippped it fast too... I'll find out what his ID was and let you know....

Comment

The guys eBay id was baystereo. My brother bought the DXZ845MC, AWESOME headunit!

Comment

Working...
                          X