Christopher Reeve dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christopher Reeve dead?

The Drudgereport site claims he has passed. Not sure how accurate that site is.

"Nikki Finke in Los Angeles is reporting that actor Christopher Reeve is dead, according to sources close to the actor. He died suddenly Sunday. News of his death has not been reported publicly yet. His family will make an announcement Monday at the earliest. Reeve was just mentioned Friday in the second live presidential debate by John Kerry. Noting he was a friend of the paralysed Reeve, Kerry said he was in favor of further stem cell research because Reeve could walk again one day thanks to such science.... "

www.drudgereport.com

Re: Christopher Reeve dead?

Just found an obituary on ABC news site that is incomplete wuth XXX's stating age and date of death.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...123&page=1

Comment

Oh HELL NO!!! I just saw the same thing on Yahoo News and Google News... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I only recently saw a thing of him on TV where he could actually walk a little bit in a swimming pool... it looked so hopeful... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Now CNN is covering it. RIP Superman!

Comment

Damn, RIP.....

Matt

Comment

Ahhh crap, I just checked CNN.com myself and it's right there on the front page in big letters... this is terrible. That man was an inspiration and totally expressed the genuine joy of living. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] RIP Chris Reeve...

Comment

Well ...at least he's in peace now ...I don't think one could be happy in that kind of physical state...just like Jason Becker..even though he's states he's happy...I sure can't see how.

what a shame ..RIP
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

He'll always be Superman to me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

R.I.P. Mr. Reeve
                Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Ya know, Bill, I thought of Jason Becker as well... I am thinking you start to appreciate certain things even more and not take things for granted when you're like him and Chris Reeve. It probably opens you up in new ways and you realize how fragile life is... no point wasting it on hating yourself. We as fully-functional people will never see how they can manage, so I truly admire them.

Comment

I was also thinking of that SP espisode...

yeah...maybe Kerry put the heebee jeebies on him...I dunno. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dammit!
                      I can't believe it!
                      R.I.P. Superman

Comment

RIP SUPERMAN...

You will always be my hero!
                        Fong

Comment

I grew up watching Superman. RIP Mr. Reeve.

Comment

I saw this on the morning news too, RIP Mr. Reeve.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

RIP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X