Timing light??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing light??

I was working on my Austin Healey and while I was pushing the guitar out of my garage I ran over my Craftsman timing light. It was around $100.00 new (a long time ago!!) and unfortunately I didn't get a chance to check my timing! Does anybody have one they want to trade for a stomp box or a wah pedal? I could easily pick one up on Ebay but I figured I would try here first. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Timing light??

That must be one big guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k

I let someone borrow mine and haven't seen it since... I would just run up to Autozone or whatever is closest and pick up a cheap one... goodluck...

Comment

Never buy a cheap timing light, Go to sears and buy a craftsman
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Never buy a cheap timing light, Go to sears and buy a craftsman

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, a Craftsmen, would be a cheap timing light, hehe...

Comment

Actually the two best timing lights on the market are supposed to be the Craftsman and MSD lights.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I was looking at a nice Snap-On model.

Comment

Seriously, as far as timing lights go, even a craftsmen or actron will time accurately in base mode. I'd be apprehensive about their reliable accuracy in advanced timing mode and this is true for most units until you get to the higher end stuff.

What you pay for in the more expensive models will be a better strobe, higher quality of construction and better reliability in harsh conditions or heavy usage. As well as better circuitry for advanced timing applications. Most people don't really use that function much.

Snap On, MAC and Matco are a good pieces, but fairly overpriced. Cool if you are privy to a tool man when service is needed.

MSD is quite good, as is the Flaming River battery operated unit.

As already stated by DRS, most home mechanic guys will do just fine with a Craftsmen or Actron unit, and don't waste the money on the ones with advance features, in a cheap piece, it is just something that will lend to inaccuracy.

Comment

Yeah.. for a basic timing light Craftsman are ok...but if you rarely use one then a cheap timing light would be fine....I used mine almost everyday, i had a Matco that I haven't got back yet... I hate lending out tools, guess I won't do that again...

Comment

All the MSD tools are sweet, I love their crimpers for making wires
                  I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                  X