I threw my back out and can't stop throwing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I threw my back out and can\'t stop throwing up

Yes. If the disc has a simple bulge (protrusion), then a good chiropractor can pretty much take care of it all for you. If the disc is completely herniated (extrusion) and the material from either the nucleus pulposis or annulus fibrosis of the disc is basically leaking outside the disc. That's bad and only a surgeon can FIX it, possibly through a discectomy. Although a good chiropractor can relieve a lot of the pain for you.

The worst condition is when the disc leaks and then closes up leaving a bit of "fluid" floating around the spine. That material is very sticky and can attach itself to some of the spinal nerves. Those spinal nerves are extremely small and I've heard of cases where a surgeon is trying to scrape it off the nerve and accdentally severs the nerve causing paralysis.

Oh and, Ron, I'll tell you what. When I graduate and have my own clinic, I'll give all of my JCF bro's a free evaluation, exam and adjustment. Then it's all on you.

Comment

I've watched my own Mother go from a 50-something in great physical condition (she and I pretty much did all the work of loading and unloading 6 loads of furniture when we moved from Louisiana to Tennessee) to needing someone help her off the toilet in just about a year from a crushed tailbone when she slipped and fell in K-Mart. She was in such good physical condition (namely her lower-back muscles) that it took a year for the symptoms to surface. She went to a Chiropractor to get a "simple" adjustment and his policy was to X-Ray all new patients to see what he was dealing with, rather than trust his gut or his fingers - the X-Rays don't lie, but you can mistake a muscle or other internal clump of harad tissue for a joint out of whack.
      That's when she found out it was a crushed tailbone. After a few months of regular treatments she was finally able to move around on her own (getting up from the toilet and getting in and out of bed on her own, as well as cooking and cleaning a little - I did most of it).
      It took a few years of regular treatments to get her back to where she is now, which is even then only about half as good as she was before the accident.
      Surgery is far too risky, and pills do NOT cure the problem. A bad Surgeon is as bad as a bad Chiro - both can kill or paralyze you in the blink of an eye. A good Surgeon is as good as a good Chiro - both can HELP, and the great ones can CURE.

The AMA is tied closely with the drug companies who only care about the $$. There's no $$ in cures, but there's a fortune in treatments. As well, MDs receive kickbacks from drug companies for each written prescription that is filled. Chiros rarely write prescriptions for man-made/synthesized medicines. For one thing, painkillers - even all-natural ones - interfere with the natural muscular/nerve response.

For anyone who has been injured by a Chiro, I'd like to ask what THEY did during the adjustment to aggravate or cause the more severe injury. Did they flinch? When the Doc said "Relax", did they not relax their muscles?

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't even want to bring up my mom with her back surgery and doctors ...because it makes me see red really...she's ruined for life...that's all I can say ....

I learned don't put too much faith in the words of the doctors....and yes ..."the best" doctors money can buy....whoopie friggin' doo.

My back is fukked I don'r need a doctor making it worse ...it can get worse on it's own thank you very much...
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I learned don't put too much faith in the words of the doctors....and yes ..."the best" doctors money can buy....whoopie friggin' doo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what- I agree with you. I despise doctors. They give me the heebie geebies. I have yet to meet an intelligent one (other than my midwife, and she wasn't a doctor).
          Everytime I've been to a doctor I end up worse for the wear. They never listen to me- there really is such a thing as an intelligent patient- really.
          Stupid doctors... got into a fight with one once- a lady doctor. Stupid military lady doctor- OH! Military doctors are the WORST. They had to call the SPs in- she was such a douchebag. I filed a complaint with the Medical Chief and turned out I wasn't the only one. She was transferred to Siberia I think.
          Now I will only go to a doctor if I need to be sewed back together. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
          If I want to fukk myself up I'll do it myself.. or ask the Sarge. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Seeing as how your back problem thread has caused so much acrimony, maybe a good swift kick in the ass would cure everything. By the way. HOW IS YOUR BACK? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

A good kick in the ass might cure everything.

I couldn't handle the vicidon anymore so yesterday they gave me oxycodon, it totally helps the back but now Insted of feeling sick to my stomach it feels like a hang over/headace.
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Chiros rarely write prescriptions for man-made/synthesized medicines. For one thing, painkillers - even all-natural ones - interfere with the natural muscular/nerve response.

For anyone who has been injured by a Chiro, I'd like to ask what THEY did during the adjustment to aggravate or cause the more severe injury. Did they flinch? When the Doc said "Relax", did they not relax their muscles?

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

First point:
                Chiropractors NEVER prescribe medications. They cannot and really don't want to anyway.

Second Point:
                That is a really good thing to mention. Not only in chiropractic but in allopathic medicine as well, the patient can mess up the treatment causing more serious problems. This actually happens a lot with allopathic medicine. My wife's a nurse and she is living proof of this. I hear the stories every day.

By the way, Drsracing, next time you talk to your M.D., ask him/her what they are going to do to fix the cause of pain on not just mask it with more medication. I would be interested in hearing if they say anything other than "surgery."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  A good kick in the ass might cure everything.

I couldn't handle the vicidon anymore so yesterday they gave me oxycodon, it totally helps the back but now Insted of feeling sick to my stomach it feels like a hang over/headace.

[/ QUOTE ] Well, just as long as you don't feel a Rush. Mr. Limbaugh [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. This goes for anyone who gets prescription medicine. Whenever a doctor writes a scrip for you, ask him/her to go over the side effects with you. Make them take the time. The good doctors will do it for you. A lot of them hate it when you "waste" their time.

Comment

My Dr. told me all the side effects of the vicidon, we spent a good 10 min talking about what pills would be good, I just hoped that none of those would show up but they all did. They told me the side effects would be less on the Oxy codon, They are less but it's still sucking. The pain is slowley going away but the pills are just tearing my body down.

Comment

yay, somebody said something smart. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

My guess it wasn't me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            yay, somebody said something smart. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind expanding on that?

Comment

DRS dude ...Oxys RULES ...I like to lick'em...ya'know...I mean I want to get down on my knees and worship the OXYS!!!!

If you don't like them ....ehhhhemmm..well I ...ahhh know ....somebod....well...you know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I need them to give me some sorta uppers with the oxys so I can basically make a speed ball. I don't even have the energy to whack it hardley

Comment

Working...
                                X