Recommend a PC laptop for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a PC laptop for me

My current Dell home laptop seems to be dying a slow painful death. I want something newer and faster. I'm a diehard Mac guy but my wife and I use our home PC for surfing and email and some other stuff. I'm also doing some home projects so I don't want to spend money on a Mac right now.

Any thoughts or recommendations on brands of home laptop computers? HP? Dell? IBM? I would like a 14" screen or bigger, fat hard drive, CD or DVD burner at least 256 MB RAM. I don't do any online gaming and I don't listen to many mp3's or online music currently.

Re: Recommend a PC laptop for me

Dell is good! I'd stay with it. My experience with Compaq and HP were horrible. Thank god they merged. They deserve each other.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Eh... probably a dell. if i were you i would get a mac. you can surf the web and look at email on a mac w/o viruses and trojans [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        you can surf the web and look at email on a mac w/o viruses and trojans [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I don't have to wear a Trojan since there are no viruses? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I Have a Compaq and a Dell. I actually hate Compaq but the one I have outpreforms my Dell and was a better deal. Rule of thumb though Dell is always the best value IMO and they are a good company
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I would LOVE a new Powerbook but man, those get up around $3k and I have a ton of stuff to do to my house. Paint, carpet, etc.

Comment

I suggest Dell also. Mine kicks the crap out of my bosses Compaq. And....NOPT...you should have her scanned for viruses before you leave off the Trojan! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

just joined the mac converts. got a g4 over the weekend, and i love it.

just thought i'd share that.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

So now I'm leaning towards a 12 inch Powerbook but haven't yet ruled out a pc...the saga continues. I've been a Mac user since 1991.

Comment

My sister's family has purchased 3 Sony Vaios in the last year or so and they're very happy with them.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Hi

I would recommend at least 512 megs of memory if you are going to run windows xp. Long warranty does not hurt either.

Comment

im currently using a toshiba satellite a 70 series with 512 megs of ram, p4 3gig blah blah, its pretty awesome, it has a wider screen which helps with recording, and has been very reliable.
                        cheers

Comment

I am completely happy with my Sony.

EJ

Comment

I like our Dell Inspiron. We take it every where and have had no problems with it.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW I like the black case on this one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X