TMDiamond....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMDiamond....

Dude, what's up? No race yesterday? You ain't scared now, are ya?

FYI, the wife and I went to American TV yesterday afternoon in Ofallon, IL. Got off the highway, and there's Tom, sitting first car at the light, I was going right, but decided to to back up and pull up next to him, said hey, wassup, all that jazz. So the light turns green, I got up in front of him, and the car next to him, I slowed down, trying to catch the next light to race that lil Porsche of his and he wouldn't bite... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It was a perfect opportunity, lots of space, etc...

Come on bro, roll that thing! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Pat

Re: TMDiamond....

Damnn I wish you guys would've come by my store! I'm at the Fenton location, too far a drive for you 2. I'd get in on that race! That'd be cool goin 3 wide! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What's yer hours Wulfie? And what dept are you in? I was thinkin it was Travis that worked there, my bad...

Pat

Comment

Hey Bro, Yeah, it was hilarious watching you rev that motor up in neutral and slam it into drive so you could get it to bark the tires. Well, I guess if that's the only way it'll do it.... That stretch of Highway 50 is loaded with O'Fallon cops. I was surprised that we didn't see one. Drag racing in Illinois is an automatic license suspension though or at least it was 2 years ago. Plus, I didn't want to make you feel bad. In 1/4 mile, all you'd see is my taillights and the rear spoiler coming out of the back end. It's concealed until you hit 60 mph when it automatically rises out from the bumper/trunk seam.....
        C,mon, a 4500 lb Caddy against a Porsche Boxster. 60 mph in under 6 and 1/4 mile in the 13's would be my guess. You've got a lot of weight to pull in that short of a distance... Now, at 70 mph on a straight highway, you'd probably pull away for a bit cuz I wouldn't have the torque. Once we get 'em wide open though, I'd probably get you again. I'm thinkin' that I'll cut right thru the air while you'll be slowed down by it. 150 mph is some powerful wind and that big car would be a sail in it.

Comment

Hey, Laurie and I went to the O'Fallon American that same night Pat, after your fultile attempt to intimidate me in you Caddy. We ended up buying a King mattress for our new bedroom set. Pretty cool store. Wulfie, maybe we'll come out to your store one of these days.

Comment

Damn, you guys are going to make me bust out the 2000 Exlporer XLT V6. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

105mph with a tailwind going downhill. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Adrian
            All hail the 'King'
            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Ummm, Tom.... NEWSFLASH - - -

It's a 6 Speed Posi.... And it will smoke that lil Porsche... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Do you think I dropped neutral in 3rd as well??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Name the bet bro, "anything" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Perhpas a NAMM Fire Serpeant?

We'll go to the track if you'd like...

And oh, thought you had some pull with the Gustopo here in IL... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Pat

What mattress did you buy? I'm looking at the Laguna beach Latex I think, one of the 2 Latex's.

Comment

Adrian,
                I have an '03 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX-4 truck and even though it's huge, it still has a little bit of giddyup. Not like my wife's BMW 325xi but for a big truck, it has some power. I do like Ford's and if I hadn't bought my '01 Boxster, I would have bought a Ford Cobra. Actually, I'm getting ready to sell the Porsche. It's fun and fast but not very practical, especially since we have the baby on the way. I may even list it in the classifieds here. How bout this......looking for trades.....2001 Porsche Boxster, low miles for 20 original stratheads, he he.

Comment

What Caddy do you have that has a 6spd?
                  Tom, do you have a Boxster S??
                  Those Boxsters are pretty fast until you roll up on an SRT4 or an Evo. Then you wish you stepped up and got the Carrera S4.
                  A buddy of mine has a 2004 Cobra SVT Anniversary model. It is the 390HP supercharged with the 6spd. It is probably the fastest USA production car ever produced. There sure are alot of fast cars around nowadays.

Comment

I'll eat that Cobra up to bro... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Been there, done that... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

What are the specs on your Caddy?

Comment

CTS-V JG...

One of many links...

Pat

Comment

I beat one of those SVT Ann's not too long ago, froma dead stop to about 110, it was certainly close, but the Caddy prevailed. And keep in mind, mine's bone stock, no supercharge, nothing..

I've also beat a Carrerra (SP&gt down on 54 at Lake of the Ozarks.

Pat

Comment

Holy SH##t. 400HP. There isn't a stock Boxster ANYTHING that could top that Caddy. My buddy's Mustang is alot lighter than your Caddy though and only 10 less HP and it's supercharged. I bet it would be a close race light to light. On the twisty's he would probably smoke you. Very nice car bro...

Comment

Thanx bro! It's definitely a monster man, fastest car I've ever driven and I've had her maxed at least once, HARD!

I'm not 100% happy with the suspension, at all.. I traded my Bimmer in on this thing, I'm glad I did, but I miss that Bimmer cornering, in a big way! A lot of "open" country roads out here to play on!

Anytime Tom, anytime... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] But if yer selling it, we need to run it before then, for sure.

Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X