DEER KILLING ANYONE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEER KILLING ANYONE??

Just curious if anyone here enjoys sitting in a tree freezin your @ss off waiting for that big buck??

3-weeks away for me!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Adrian
    All hail the 'King'
    R.I.P~ RLC

Re: DEER KILLING ANYONE??

Where do you go Adrian? I used to go down to Leasburg, every year, Deer and Turkey...

Pat

Comment

Why the hell would you do that when you can score one in a nice warm vehicle. The only license you need is your drivers license. lol
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Soloist!!! I used to know guys that did that, about 3am with a big ass light and an almost silent 22 ca at 100yrds...

In St. Louis, actually Wildwood Mo there's so many deer, you can now hunt, with permission on private property in subdivisions with $500k homes. You can only use a bow, but it's like hunting at the zoo! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But it is for the good and the population, it's getting dangerous out there with all the deer running around all over.

Pat

Comment

LOL I didn't think of it coming out that way Pat. I meant bumper bambi. But yeah a lot of guys jack deer in the corn fields around my house. All the land is leased to a hunting club though. I wonder if anyone actually ever hunts it because the deer population is through the roof. Deer aren't my thing. I love hunting bird though. Mainly ducks. That and paper or clay.
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

No thanks, I'm vegetarian. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I actually don't have a problem with deer hunting. I know that without predators deer populations would explode and deer would starve, and it is better for them to die instantly and have their bodies be put to a good use as opposed to dying of famine and disease. Also animals killed in the wild have, what we can only assume to be, rich and full lives. It's the meat industry and the way they treat animals that disgusts me. Did you know that over 70% of the world's grain goes to feed cattle? While there are people starving of famine, we give the vast majority of our food to dumb animals that lead tortured lives only to be slaughtered. And vast amounts of rain forest are cleared using the "slash and burn" method to make way for grazing lands. And have you SEEN what happens in a chicken farm!!

Also I am opposed to hitting deer with cars, and I generally try to avoid it. Mostly because it can really F-up your car.

Comment

Man, I haven't been hunting in years! I miss it!

Comment

It's been a long time for me too.

Comment

I live in michigan, Buck heaven here. I haven't hunted in about 6 years. The last year I hunted I bagged a nice 8 pointer thats hangin on my wall now. Sometimes I miss it, but I have more fun playing the guitar. I did go bird hunting a bit this fall, no luck!! Not many grouse this year.
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

never understood it, but i guess that's just me.

i may feel different if i wake in the middle of the night to find some crackhead antelope robbing my house for his next high.

...fuckin' crackhead antelopes, the lot of 'em.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

yea, those antelope are vicious group man!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

remember south park when they went hunting??

"look out, its coming right for us!!!!!"

Its hard to describe the thrill of hunting Sully. Some people like it, others dont. I was raised hunting and fishing. Shot my first deer hunting with my dad when i was young, it was a big thing for us both. Its the thrill of the chase I guess. I guess its like ski-diving, some people love it, and I dont understand the concept of jumping out of a perfectly good running airplane. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Comment

Pat, my wife drug her feet on getting my permit sent off so, [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]I won't be hunting in Illinois this year. I usually hunt up in Staunton.

I'm prolly going to end up in The Mark Twain Forest hunting the "Lil Missouri Whitetail". They are not anything like the Illinois monsters that they have back home.

Adrian
                        All hail the 'King'
                        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

I get racoons around here. They've ran the crackhead antelopes back towards the valley.

Comment

how big are the deer in Missouri and Illinois?

full grown Michigan bucks are usually in the 150-200 lb. range when field dressed. however, Both 8 pointers I have bagged have both been under 130 lbs.....weird. i got a 5 pointer that weighed more than the 8 pointers. Both 8 pointers I got were both swamp bucks, older ones too. They are nice big deer here.

I have heard that southern deer are typically smaller. Is that true??

Comment

Down here in Louisiana, about every other year, we hear of husbands and wives going hunting together. Very seldom do both leave the woods alive. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X