DEER KILLING ANYONE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deer hunting - not about the killing

hunting for food is OK..yeah and it could be fun , if you like that sorta thing

I'd rather shoot at paper targets then go for a steak...that's fun for me.
    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Re: DEER KILLING ANYONE??

How about just putting the stupid ass who posted the Soul for Sale on Ebay, and the idiot smoking pregnant hag and put them out in a field alongside the deer and using a nice AK-47, M16 or other semi/full-auto beauty (Thompson, my fave) and blow them all to bits?

Woo! Now there's some fun to be had!

Make it even more interesting and do it at night with NightVision goggles!

Yeeeeeeeeee Haaaaawwwwwwwww!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Annah! Your warrior side's coming out, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You're definitely looking for some live-fire exercise with moving (sub)human targets, huh? I agree with Bill; I'd hunt to eat if I had to, but would rather shot targets at the range and hit the grocery store on the way home.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

LoL... yeah, Lerx... I'm feeling righteously vehement today! Actually, I don't condone the killing of animals for sport. I think that's pretty whack. But for survival... that's totally different.

Comment

you mean night vision scope, you won't hit **** trying to aim while wearing NVG's.
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

anyone want my soul ...I'll let it go cheap...I don't need it anymore.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hmm.. interesting thread.
                Having gone to vet school and a career in veterinary medicine (before I stayed home with the bambinos) putting animals BACK together- I just couldn't hunt. Couldn't do it. Just couldn't. If my kids were starving... maybe. If there was absolutely nothing left to eat.
                I don't understand the thrill of hunting- though I come from a family of hunters. My Uncles and Grandfathers all deer hunt and duck hunt and whatever. I don't really have a taste for meat, so I just don't enjoy it. But they love it and the family all raves about how good it all tastes. Eh. I like fish though. Salmon. And Red Snapper. And Talapia. Yum.
                Sport hunting and putting trophies on your wall... well... its not really my cuppa tea. I'd rather collect guitars.
                But I will say that target (as long as they don't look like animals) and skeet shooting is HELLA FUN. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] So is archery. Good times.

Em

Comment

You wouldn't like Talapia if you knew where it came from.
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  We must increase the bust!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!
                  The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I don't get sport hunting either if you don't eat what you hunt....
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You wouldn't like Talapia if you knew where it came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no.
                      Where?
                      Do tell. You can PM me if you want to... crap. Now I'm totally curious!!

Comment

Talapia are "Farm Raised". The farm is the 3rd stage pool of sewage treatment facilities. I saw it on the discovery channel or something. Haven't had it since. lol
                        We must!
                        We must!
                        We must increase the bust!
                        The bigger the better!
                        The tighter the sweater!
                        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

My nephew enjoys deer hunting, but aso intends to become a vet. It might seem contradictory but it's not.

There are not many predators in the woods here anymore and the deer would overpopulate, then starve, if not culled by hunting. We eat the meat (venison is really good, lean meat) and he is respectful of the animals. The Indians used to say a prayer of thanks when they took a game animal; he doesn't actually do that but he is respectful and grateful. He also made Eagle Scout this year, at age 15 (he's 16 now)
                          so he enjoys nature and is comfortable there.

At the same time he has a great rapport with domesticated animals and wants to be a veterinarian to heal them. He's a great kid and will make a wonderful vet.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Talapia are "Farm Raised". The farm is the 3rd stage pool of sewage treatment facilities. I saw it on the discovery channel or something. Haven't had it since. lol

[/ QUOTE ]Well, catfish and lobster are bottom feeders too, and most every plant is grown from fertilizer made from processed sh!t, so what's the diff really? In that regard, we're all eating sh!t and making sh!t from birth to death!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I love animals and probably won't ever go hunting, but I don't have a problem with it if you're gonna eat what you kill. It's the same thing as fishing really (which I love [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), its just easier to kill a dumb, emotionless animal such as a fish lol. I felt like sh1t the time I ran over a bird, so I doubt I could ever kill a deer.

Comment

Well....I guess you can tell from my screen name & signature if I like hunting. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Here's the logo I use... Pretty much says it all:

I've killed a few nice ones in my day. I have an 8pt & a 9pt on the wall. Actually, I have antlers here and there all over my house. I've got to see fox's & owls. I've seen friends harvest record book deer. And once, I got to watch my buddies wife fall 15 feet from a tree stand and break her back in 3 places. Wasnt much fun being 1 1/2 miles back in the pitch black woods at 5:30 am, trying to reassure a screaming woman that everything is gonna be "OK". You know..."You just lay here and wrythe in pain Hunny, while I go wander around so I can try to find a spot where my phone will get a signal so I can call 911 [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] ". Then the rescue squad gets within 500 yards of us, and the 450lb. genious that drives the ambulance decides to try and drive thru a freshly plowed wet cornfield. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] Needless to say, after he had to walk that last 500 yards, I thought we were gonna have to call 911 for him.....Ahhh Memories of the hunt...Nothing like it.
                                >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                                X