Neon ACR anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neon ACR anyone??

Does anybody here own an ACR? I want to get one.

Re: Neon ACR anyone??

Test drove a bunch, what years you looking at???
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Careful with the neons. there's a problem where the oil from the car burns out. Not sure exactly what happens, but you gotta watch the oil. They won't recall it either.

Neons.org had a sticky on the problem. I so pissed off about it. I hate my 2002 Neon SE [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Neons arent bad. They are sure alot better than the equivalents from other companies like those god aweful Cavaliers and Sunfires. They are also really cheap too......

Comment

I am looking at a 95 which I believe is the 1st year.
          It is a coupe. I am also going to look at a 96 sedan tomorrow. The coupes have the SOHC and the Sedans have the DOHC. I was told the the SOHC is better because it is stronger. I have a 2000 Plymouth Neon LX with the SOHC and it is buzzy and noisy but pretty darn quick. 55K on it and not a single thing has gone wrong with it so far. Nothing!!

Comment

quote jgcable: 55K on it and not a single thing has gone wrong with it so far. Nothing!!

John, ummmmmm 55K?? Even the Ford Pinto went longer than 55K without major problems (unless it was rammed in the ass!). I think it will take a little more miles than that to impress me with a cars longevity.
            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Oh, and BTW, I'm not a mopar guy. (Sorry Jim)
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

man, i had a neon, and it was the WORST car i've ever had. i got it in 99, and it was a 98. it was fine until the head gasket went bye bye. that was all fine and good, as it was under warranty.

but then it happened again. i remember that week i was having really bad overheating problems, and something blew up and the fan tore into the radiator. when they told me it would be about 2 grand to fix, i walked away fast.

that's one car i soooooo do not miss.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The early ACR's rock. Stay with the single cam. There's tons of upgrades to be made on these cars. They were acually so good stock in the SCCA series they put tons of restrictions on them so they'd lose to hondas. Just like the NHRA put tons of restictions on the 340 back in 1971, everybody loves to try to bring down the dodges

Comment

Oh Jeeeezzzz! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] Those are not Mopar's! I don't care who built them! It's just a hopped up chicks car... sorry ladies.... It's a friggin Neon!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

An acr is just as much mopar as my roadrunners and deamons have been

Comment

I have driven an ACR Viper at the track a few times [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Very fast. Very powerful. Very hard to keep under control. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

SRT4 John!
                        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

srt4= best car for the moey these days

Comment

I almost bought a brand new one the first year they came out, but I needed a truck. That is a nasty lil 4 banger!
                            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Me too, last year when they 1st started delivering I couldn't find one to test drive and didn't want to wait, so I went with the Trans am insted

Comment

Working...
                              X