Any .50 BMG shooters here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any .50 BMG shooters here?

I just bought a .50 to play with... well I live in California where they will be come "assault weapons" at the end of the year and the guns and ammo will be banned... so I was basically forced into it... haha

Anyways, just seeing if any of the "Brotherhood" is making loud noises too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Re: Any .50 BMG shooters here?

You didn't pick up a Barrett, did you mike?
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I ran out and bought a Colt 6700 Hbar as soon as they became legal again here in NJ. I guess that was around '95. Still brand new in the box. Never put a round through it. Now handguns, I shoot on a fairly regular basis.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

yeah..I grabbed me 2 handgun versions...John Woo style.

Comment

Actually Chris, I did... hahah.. Barrett M95M

Comment

You have a stampeding elephant problem where you live? seriously....what are you going to do with that? Besides scare your neighbor.

Comment

Nice score. That's quite the gun. I saw a show about snipers and they did a demo of the Barrett. I'll just say I would never want to get hit by that round. Let me know how it shoots and what the recoil is like.
              We must!
              We must!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

umm so this is what you're gonna take the tim eto use on teh burglar that breaks into your house? You'll do more damage to your property..and the adjacent 4 or 5 houses if you use that thing than a lowly thief could ever rip off. Doesn't it have like a 4 mile range of efficiency?

talk about the best in home defense, jesus christ.

Comment

Drip, if you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread, how about you buzz off?

Comment

Good point Chuck. Besides everyone knows thats a squirrel gun and not suitable for home defense. lol Great for prairie dog hunting to.
                    We must!
                    We must!
                    The bigger the better!
                    The tighter the sweater!

Comment

i'm just amused. RAR! Big Guns. They fascinate me. I read up about these things all the time.

I think it's perfectly constructive to ask why someone needs a gun that's so ludicrous in size, robocop used one agaisnt Robocop2 didn't he? yes...I'm pretty sure he did.

I can see it now, xenophobe sitting on the porch with his M95 in his lap saying, "Get off my lawn, you have 10 seconds to comply".

besides, I contributed a picture...which is more than you did.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Apparently the recoil for the Barrett 95 is similar to a 300 win mag sporter weight rifle.

Why do I need something so big? I don't. I've been tinkering with the idea of getting one for a few years now, but the beginning of next year, I won't have that choice, so the state of California made me make the decision of "now or never" now, instead of "just maybe, someday"...

There is a 1000 yard range not too far from me. That ought to be some fun shooting!

Comment

I see. There are some dudes here in Montana that would probably put that thing to good use. or bad...depending on your POV.

take pics at the range of the fresh fruit you annihilate.

Comment

The Barretts are very nice weapons,the workmanship is incredible.I've fired several, the semi auto and the bolt action.I prefer the bolt gun it seemed to be more balanced.
                            If you ever get a chance to fire a "MA DUCE"(M2)you will cream your jeans.There is a dude in Ohio thats makes short barrel 50 cals that you can shoulder fire that are very cool. I love the sound a 50 makes it sounds like 2 dollars,2 dollars,2 dollars etc.Give me a full ammo can and an M2 and I'm a happy camper.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

the_drip, I think you may have one too many guitars hanging on your rack, if ya know what I mean... *deep thought*

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X