No announcement yet.

Rappers Ripping off Randy Rhoads!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rappers Ripping off Randy Rhoads!!!!

It's not about racism to me, it's everything else.

Pat

Comment

Stealing a vibe as a guitarist is really just cheating, Stealing an actual riff and using it in a song is wrong, I;m probally over reacting just cause it's Randy. When I was 4 years old and tribute came out, my parants made sure to tell me how great Randy was, and how much of a loss he was to music.
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Yeah babee!! Maybe this law will chill that stuff a bit aye?

Recent Boston Herald article

[ QUOTE ]
        Hip-hopping mad artists rap copyright ruling
        By Casey Ross
        Thursday, September 9, 2004

The Man is trying to kill rap again.

That's the worry of Hub hip hop artists after a federal court ruling clamped down on the practice of sampling from other artists' work in the creation of new music.

The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday that using even unrecognizable snippets from an existing work is illegal without a license and compensation to the original artist.

``Essentially, this is an anti-hip hop law,'' said Boston producer and lyricist DJ Fakts One. ``The basis of hip hop is taking music from different cultures and making it dope by putting it all together.''

The court's ruling centers on a song by the rap group NWA that lifts a three-note guitar riff from ``Get Off Your Ass and Jam'' by George Clinton and the Funkadelics. The case was one of 800 filed in Nashville, Tenn., over the lifting of music snippets.

Local hip hop musicians and academics say they support compensating artists when their work is clearly recognizable in a new song, but they say the court ruling went too far in requiring compensation for even tiny samples.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          So its ok for 2 generations of guitarist to rip Randy's vibe but not ok rappers to do the same?I don't care for rap and hip-hop but I don't understand all the anger and hate towards it, if you don't like it, don't listen to it. I think the animosity, in most cases around metal world is really a form of racism and racism is not cool.

[/ QUOTE ]The sh1t sucks and the kids who dig it play it so loud that it drowns out your own stereo inside your house when they are playing it out in the street. You're forced to listen when it's nearby. That's not racism, which I am also against.Racism is a bunch of scum pulling Reginald Denny out of his truck and beating him almost to death with bricks and a fire extinguisher in the LA riots of 1992. His crime as whitey was to have a job, and to decide not to run over the crowd mobbing his truck so they could almostexecute him. Now he's brain damaged for his compassion.I lived in LA during that time, and never did I say a good day to a black guy walking down the street but that he gave me a look of death and no reply. That's racism too, and there's more from that side than from the white side these days.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

seahawks not done yet!!!!!

Comment

Shithawks blow................

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  So its ok for 2 generations of guitarist to rip Randy's vibe but not ok rappers to do the same?I don't care for rap and hip-hop but I don't understand all the anger and hate towards it, if you don't like it, don't listen to it. I think the animosity, in most cases around metal world is really a form of racism and racism is not cool.

[/ QUOTE ]The sh1t sucks and the kids who dig it play it so loud that it drowns out your own stereo inside your house when they are playing it out in the street. You're forced to listen when it's nearby. That's not racism, which I am also against.Racism is a bunch of scum pulling Reginald Denny out of his truck and beating him almost to death with bricks and a fire extinguisher in the LA riots of 1992. His crime as whitey was to have a job, and to decide not to run over the crowd mobbing his truck so they could almostexecute him. Now he's brain damaged for his compassion.I lived in LA during that time, and never did I say a good day to a black guy walking down the street but that he gave me a look of death and no reply. That's racism too, and there's more from that side than from the white side these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the same can be said about metal heads blasting numetal or detuned metal from their cars. You are starting to sound like our parents when we were kids blasting metal, they didn't get it just like we don't get rap. I don't care for it either but I don't have any pent up anger over it.

I know what racism is from both sides, I'm white and from the Detroit area and have been caught in the wrong areas of town with friends whom were black.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I hear ya Shawn - I grew up in Mississippi in the 70s and as a long-haired rocker was treated "black" by police. Stopped for NO reason almost daily, insulted to try to goad me into saying something I could be baton whipped for; frisked and called fag by cops who were fondling MY nuts! It's not the same but I get it and sympathize. Still, I have not discriminated against any black, but have gotten the fukk-you vibe from most I've tried to be civil with in LA. Here in MS it's different of course, but folks in general are more polite here too.AS for oppression, my Irish and Scottish ancestors were oppressed by the British, my Greek ancestors by the Turks, my New Amsterdam Dutch forebears also robbed by the Brits, but I MYSELF was not oppressed by any of thosenations or their people, so they owe me nothing.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Same here Rich, I've been pulled over, searched, frisked or patted down when I was younger just for having hair down to my ass and driving a POS car [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Like I'd be stupid enough to drive around with anything for the cops to find.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Are they done yet DS? bawaaaawaa

Pat

Comment

****, I just got home, we just didn't play our best game. We would've beat 27 teams in the NFL today with that game, but we will not beat the prime of the league playing like this. We've got 2 games we will win and then we can get our **** back together

Comment

Any Given Sunday...

Pat

Comment

I told ya bro, 3-2 lol. For every Sox upset its easy to count on the Pats to pull through, they always do.

Comment

Usually I'm pissed off the rest of the week till the next game, but even a seahawks loss can't bring me down this week, I've got 5 star for VH on Friday, and then the next week my sister is coming into town.

What's up with the stro's though??? Man I htought the Cards had it in the bag

Comment

Working...
                                X