crapy news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crapy news

I got some really crapy new this morning. My friend Chris called me from Stanford University. It seems our good friend Dustin wil be taken off of life support some time today. Dustin lived with me for several years and used to work at the same restaurant with me in College. We used to go out and party together and live it up at our "Bachelor pad". We used to have THE Halloween parties.
    He's been sick with cancer for several years now and gone through radiation and marrow transplant and it seemed that he had beaten the cancer but the meds lowered his immune system so much that he got terrible infections and can't fight them off any more. His Dad made the decision yesterday and has gone back home to Montana. His Mom and sister are in Palo Alto today to be with him. He has two little girls that I havn't seen in a while.
    He was always a health nut. He was a runner and always ate healthy.
    For the last 4-5 yearws he's been a highschool History teacher in Los Banos, but he'd lost a lot of time to illness. He loved his job and his students. He is 33 years old.
    It's seems unfair to me sometimes that out of all my old group of friends, it's the ones that have most to offer have gotten sick. My friend Matt Tracey died a few years ago of cancer. He was an AMAZING artist and a great person. Now Dustin, Mr. clean living teacher. The rest of us drink and eat twinkies, hate our jobs and live fine.
    The thing that really sucks is that I havn't spoken to Dust in a while because we don't live close anymore and we just have different things going on. I don't think I want to see him like this anyway but I'd be nice to say good bye.
    Here's a pic from about 8 years ago a one of the Halloween parties.

Re: crapy news

I'm sorry for your loss; it always seems so unfair that the good die young and creeps can live to 100. Cherish his memories and speak of him to those who didn't know him in memory.
    Again, my condolences.

Rich
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] My condolences.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Man, that sucks.... I will be 33 in Nov and can't imagine how hard it must be....
        My condolences, also. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I am sorry to hear the news.
          He is the same age as me and can't believe he is passing away..
          There are so many things to come as the time goes by and just too young and early for him to go away.
          [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry to hear it man. The good die young and it's a shame. My condolences to you and his family.
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Dude...Sorry man. I lost a very close friend at 21 to cancer. We played T-ball as kids, went to the same school from K thru 12. He was my drummer too. It's been 18 years now. Still miss him a lot. Prayers goin up for you bro.
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Only the good die young
                All the evil seem to live forever
                Only the good die young

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Comment

I just got this in my email from our friend Chris,
                    God Speed Dusty.
                    Unfortunate things happen to the very best of people.

Dustin Hobbs has passed away on Tuesday, October 19th around noon. He had been in the hospital fighting pneumonia for the last three weeks. The infection had spread to his brain, and he was sedated and put on life support. Dustin showed no signs of improvement and the arduous decision was made to take him off life support. He died minutes later surrounded by loving family and many friends.

Dustin Hobbs' Funeral will be held on Saturday Oct. 23rd at Ivers & Alcorn Funeral Home at 3050 Winton Way in Atwater at 2 PM. A reception will follow at the VFW hall in Winton. Hope to see you there.

-Chris

Comment

wow , I'm sorry man...that is very harsh... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        wow , I'm sorry man...that is very harsh... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks this really sucks

Comment

RIP.......

I lost 2 friends right out of high scool, 1 in car accident and one riding his 01 cbr600 F4 at night
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Oh man Donovan, I am sorry to hear this. It is always tough to lose someone you care about. I recently lost a friend I had known since the first day of kidnergarten. He had grown addicted to Oxycontyn(sp) that was prescribed to him and ultimately killed him. Whenever the old crowd gets together we always try to remember him as the fun loving bastid that he always was. We all miss him but we keep his memory alive by sharing the good times we all had.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                            X