Auntie Em, it's a Twister!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auntie Em, it's a Twister!

Yup - we got one Monday night. No house damage, but we did lose almost all the shingles off the roof of the storage shed.
    We also lost the only two big trees we had. One was completely uprooted, and the other one caught a trampoline. The trampoline was headed for the house.

A tree growing inside of a tree.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Auntie Em, it\'s a Twister!

Damn Newc, way too close for comfort. Glad you came out unscathed. Although, with the trampoline gone, what will you use now to practice your EVH leaps? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Guess I'll hafta make do till the insurance comes through [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Jeez bro! Were you guys the owners of the trampoline originally or did it blow over to your place? Glad everyone is ok. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Even the cat is investigating the damage in the first pic. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Glad everybody's safe! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Glad you and the family are OK Newc. I bet the noise freaked out the cat though.
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I SWEAR I had nothing to do with it! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Geez, Newc. Sorry about the trees- those looked like some beauties too. (cute kitty)
              That new tree inside the old one... WOW! How cool is that?
              Very happy to hear y'all are okay and your house is fine, bummer about the tramp. Those things are wicked fun.

Auntie Em

Comment

Close call, Newc. Glad it didn't get the house itself, though the damage was bad enough as is. All that weather has been passing just 60 or 70 miles north of us here, though we did have one tornado in the county just northeast of here.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Wow. Too close for comfort.
                  Glad you guys are ok.

Comment

Wow! That would scare me into moving! Good luck with the fix up. Good to see everyone is Okay.

Comment

Holy crap I thought this was going to be a joke thread ...wow!

Twisters are dicks..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

just tip that one tree back up and put some potting soil around it. It will be good as new in a few days! I swear...

Comment

Actually, if the trampoline got to Newc's house, he would've thrown a chair at it, then wrestled it to the ground! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very close bro! Glad all is well! Here in the midwest, we know all too well what tornados can do... And do!

Pat

Comment

Thanks gang [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave - That was a neighbor's trampoline - we're all too old and decrepit for such a dangerous device [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What makes it really fun is that we're on top of the highest hill on the "block" (as far as Country Blocks go), and the two trees that fell were the tallest trees on the hill, which means we are now the tallest thing in sight [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I saw some other places that got hit when I went out today - trees through houses. Houses across fields.
                              One woman at work Wednesday night said her neighbor has a swimming pool, and the tornado sucked the liner up, then *buried* the other neighbor's trampoline in her yard.

One guy had a brand new Yukon that was completely totalled.

Another guy that I used to work with, and who now works at another place, said one of the rooftop AC units flew off the place where he works and landed on his car.

Some other guy had a 2x4 through the roof of his car into the floor (no one inside).

We've definitely had some adventure up here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think I'd rather just have the patio furniture deal like someone posted in that other thread [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I can deal with that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X