Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ashlee Simpson caught lipsyncing on SNL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ashlee Simpson caught lipsyncing on SNL!

[ QUOTE ]
    Most musicians (not just pop) do it.. if they're not lip synching they're using auto tuners, so its not really a big deal. With the exception of jazz singers, 99% of singers use auto-tuners live and in the studio. (edit: I'm talking about famous artists here, not people playing in bars across the street, who sometimes use them too heh)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] OK Dumb question: What's an auto-tuner and how does it work?

Comment

An auto-tuner changes the pitch of your voice to match where it's supposed to be in the song. Bands that I have worked for have used them in the studio, but never live. Not any of the bands that I worked directly for, I can't speak for Reba or Brooks and Dunn.

Comment

Ahhh, cool, thanks. How does it know what the pitch is supposed to be? Is it something you program for every different song?

Comment

Nevermind, I found some information online.

From Antarestech.com: [ QUOTE ]
          Most common pitch problems can be corrected by Auto-Tune 4's Automatic Mode. Automatic Mode instantaneously detects the pitch of the input, identifies the closest pitch in a user-specified scale (including minor, major, chromatic and 26 historical and microtonal scales), and corrects the input pitch to match the scale pitch. A Retune Speed control lets you match the retune rate to virtually any performance style.

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I watched her get nailed 'synching on Saturday night, and I just got done watching her actually perform LIVE on the Radio Music Awards. I knew after her public outing on SNL, that she would be forced to perform live in a futile attempt to save face. Well, no surprises here, she sucked. I don't say that just to be mean-spirited, either. She has no voice, she sang out of key, out of breath, and it was painful to have to listen to. It sounded liken some sort of drunken karioke skank! I hope this sounds the death bell for her measly career. Its really sad, since her sister is 1000% better looking than her, and she can actually sing! Riding on Jessica's coat tails is just plain sad. Oh yeah, she also made some sort of joke by having her band start playing the same song she lip synched, and this time she actually stopped them and said 'wrong song!' hahhahahahahaha [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] really was quite lame.

Comment

Nope we are all wrong her dad/manager tells the real story

http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/arti...px?news=171324
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The incident exposed what many consider an obvious secret: that some singers who appear onstage aren't singing live at all

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy smokes!! Realllly???

Now I've heard everything....

Comment

Anyone ever see Queensryche on the building Empires tour in the early 90's? The Operation Mincrime stuff was full of recorded vocals, though it was to fill in the sound. Geoff still sang the main vocals through the whole thing. That is okay with me. It is crappy when a performer goes up and lip synchs the whole thing.

Comment

she can save face with me...show me those TITTIES

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      As for Ashlee, I bet the person who cues the
                      tapes is fired!

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably one of the band triggered it. They all seemed to be playing the same song as the vocal track. Apparently Ashlee was the only one expecting a different tune. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

She's the only one to blame here, plain and simple... She got BUSTED, period!

But, it's no secret that bands play a ton of tapes for intro's etc. Look at VH, they haven't had keys on stage for how long now? Yet, they play numerous tunes with keys on them.

In that case, I don't care much, but for a singer to be using pre-recorded garbage, yeh, that's just dead wrong. I didn't watch the awards last night, so I can't comment on it.

Pat

Comment

I'm glad she got snagged. Live bands sometimes use sequencers or, a few years back, DAT players to recreate thick vocal harmonies, elaborate orchestration, intros, etc. I don't have a problem with that at all. When Def Leppard, one of my favorite bands ever, has to recreate 96 vocal tracks in a live setting for one song, I'd rather they used a sequencer with sampled vocals or a DAT player to make it sound right. I bought a Roland Fantom S keyboard/sequencer/sampler a couple months ago for that very reason. In an original band I'm working with, we'll use it for intros, any piano or keyboard parts, strings, etc. None of us play keys live so in that case, you have to do something.

Comment

I think its funny her cell phone # was being sold on eBay.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] betcha that got changed fast!

Comment

Check it out, probably the funniest thing I've ever read:

[ QUOTE ]
                              statement from Simpson's record label blamed a "computer glitch" which triggered "a cut from her album" to play instead of a drum cue.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

This is so funny [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And yes, Jessica is hot
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X