My Car Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Car Website

If any of you bro's are interested, here is a quick website devoted to my Chevy powered 1959 Austin Healey Mark I Bugeye Sprite. It shows the majority of the restoration so far. There are many photo pages so check them out if you are into unsual street rods. I have pretty much lost interest in the car after all these years of bustin my hump on it. It is a very cool car but I have my sights set on a bike. Modified Sprite

Re: My Car Website

Nice [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I used to have an old Datsun 240Z that was "hot rodded".

I would like to find a Triumph TR6...someday...

Comment

Nice! Looks like she is coming along nicely.

I have been bitten by a car bug myself. I now have a '69 Charger on the street. A '68 Charger I just bought last month in storage, a 1969 Sport Satellite in storage awaiting dimemberment so I can have the body hauled off to the scrap yard, and tomorrow I am looking at a 1970 Belvedere that is still on the road and is a daily driver. Gotta love those B bodies!

Comment

Jim, I am an A body guy myself.
        I have owned several GTS Darts both 340's and 383's, a couple of 340 Barracuda's, a really cool Barracuda with a 273 Super Commando in it with solid lifters, a couple of 340 Dusters and various other 318 and slant 6 cars. I sold my 70 Hemi Orange 340 Duster and bought this Austin Healey thinking it would be a fun different project. Well... it's different. It's probably the biggest head turner I have ever owned but not too many people see it in my garage on jack stands.

Comment

Did you like the small block engines? Though they may not have been the power plants the bick block engines were, they sure made up for it in endurance and reliability.

Comment

The 340's were my favorite with the hood closed. Nothing beats the visual appeal of a big block A body.
            The 340 is a high revving very dependable motor. It was definately faster light to light than the 383 but in the quarter mile the big block would usually reel me in.
            You know the rule: There is no replacement for engine displacement.
            To give you an idea of how brutal my Austin Healey is: it weighs 1275lbs with a full tank of gas and is pushing 150HP at the rear wheels. It has a 3.48 posi in it. It is extremely difficult to drive in traffic. When the large Chevy clutch grabs you really have to hang on and hope for the best. Very scarey.

Comment

Working...
            X