Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official World Champion Red Sox Thread

you guys have over looked this part of the article-

Enjoy it. You have every right. And true Red Sox fans in other parts of the country, who have followed the team through Buckner and Bucky and Duquette and Oil Can Boyd, you join in too. Send taunting emails to Yankees fans you know. Kneel before your shrine to Yaz. This is your time. But to the guy in Utah who bought a neon-colored Red Sox hat after Game 6: shut the hell up.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I don't enjoy rejoicing in the misery of others. I think his problem is that for years some Yankee fans, like the author of that, did. And now that it's their turn it's tough to handle and they are getting overly defensive. The part I find funny is that fans of teams other than the Red Sox are the ones doing it. And the reason they are is because of a word he used to describe the Sox players that is a dead on description of himself and other Yankees fans like him. Arrogance. They have always had the we're better than you are attitude and that rubs fans of all MLB teams the wrong way. The thing I take offense to is his description the Sox players. I'm sure like that bitch in the restuarant that refered to all Sox fans as uncivilized he would probably say the same.

I love the Sox for the baseball. And I think I finally figured out what the Sox did. Like that author mentions, all these years it's always been Sox Yankees rivalry. That was always what held them back. They were always so worried about beating the Yankees that they lost sight of the real prize. The world series. At least with the current and distant past teams.

I understand his and other Yankee fans frustration though. Their team was beat by a team that they had the understanding would never beat the Yankees. The thing that compounds the frustration is that it happened with a 3-0 lead. It happened in Yankee Stadium. And the team that made it happen did another thing they were never supposed to and steam rolled their way through the MLB team with the best regular season record to win a world series. And now that it happened theres no more curse. No more 1918. And the winning ways they were accustomed to are in the past.

Beating the Yankees was definitely sweet. But the thing that made it sweet is that it made it apparent that beating the Yankees isn't the primary goal. Winning the world series is. Now that that's done I think the Sox will expand on their winning ways. Next year I'd like to see them win the East. After this confidence boost I think they can do it. They'd have quite the wins total if they can avoid that May June July slump they always go through.

Sully I took the Dallas thing as a insult directed at Texas more than a matter of where in Texas they are. It would be like saying the Brooklyn Mets. At any rate I have no harsh words for any true Yankee baseball fan. I think the abundant fear weather fans suck though. The only thing they care about was winning. And don't think that I'm laying all this fair weather fan stuff on the Yankees fans only. I had some guy I work with actually tell me that "if the Sox don't win this year I'm going to hate them!". I felt like punching him in the fukking head and tell him not to pretend to be a fan then.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

what a great post, sir. i salute you!

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

o.k., one more time-

you guys have over looked this part of the article-

Enjoy it. You have every right. And true Red Sox fans in other parts of the country, who have followed the team through Buckner and Bucky and Duquette and Oil Can Boyd, you join in too. Send taunting emails to Yankees fans you know. Kneel before your shrine to Yaz. This is your time. But to the guy in Utah who bought a neon-colored Red Sox hat after Game 6: shut the hell up.

but to the guy in utah (the bandwagon, fair weathered fan)
          shut the hell up. the only reason he called the red sox thugs is due to the media completely presenting them in that manner. there were so many things focused on this playoff season my freakin' head was spinning. i mean jesus-
          the sox's long hair, the curses, the"evil" empire,roger clemens, "the idiots", all the mccarverisms, it gets fukkin' sick. i love baseball, and i say to the bandwagon and fair weather fans the same, shut up. you know what, this is getting a bit over the top too, i can't be distracted with all this crap, i'm in training ya know.
          jeff suppan is in trouble. the atomic soup bone can fukkin' throw a ball with some talent and firepower. i'm gonna be a redbird. you all think i'm kidding but you'll see.

Comment

nah tommy, i'm celebrating and enjoying, but i gotta tell ya, i miss baseball already.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

All I'm saying is the only real important part is the baseball dude. The guys article was condesending in my opinion. Even the end part. He is being disrespectful to other teams in the league. The Sox Yankees games are indeed great and probably my favorite to watch. But that's becuase they are two of the best teams. Trashing Baltimore I won't do because they beat our a$$es down this year. I respect plenty of Yankee fans that I know who are actually into that game. But that chick I mentioned above with the comment about Sox fans knew nothing. She thought you had three closers. She only knew the names of the popular players. It's only a 25 man roster. If she was a true Yankee fan she should at least be able to remember 25 names of the contributing players. If she had said she wasn't really into baseball but wanted the Yankees to win that would be fine. But she acted like she was a long time fan. So when do you get your red wings? lol
              We must!
              We must!
              We must increase the bust!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!
              The boys are counting on us!

Comment

next january when i go to early camp.
                and that's only if i am still alive at that time and made it through the winter.

Comment

Working...
                X