Need Help Tracking a Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Tracking a Package

I bought a guitar and was having it shipped to my office. The seller shipped the guitar via USPS and got insurance but no delivery conf/registered #/certified #. It has been 10 days since he sent it, so I am assuming that it has been delivered to our mail room. The mail room can't help me unless I know what date it was delivered. How do I track this thru the USPS w/ just an insurance receipt?

Any suggestions?

Re: Need Help Tracking a Package

They won't look for it until it's 30 days past due, and with no delivery confirmation They may not have certain proof of delivery. You may have to go down and scour the mailroom yourself.

What rate did he send it at? If he went Parcel Post it could actually still be in transit. If he didn't spring 50 cents for delivery confirmation, which protects him most of all, he probably shipped the cheapest way possible.

So head to the mailroom and start diggin'!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The site sez: Express Mail, Global Express Guaranteed and Global Express Mail (depending on destination country) are the only services that provide tracking and they must be purchased when the item is mailed.

That sucks... And you have to wait for thirty days to claims on insurance? Yeesh.

Sounds like the mail room guys are pretty bogus. I'd start picking days backwards from today!

Comment

Actually, it is 30 days to initiate a search for the parcel. Then after they can't find it the insurance claim comes into play. They will attampt to find the parcel internally with any numbers available be it delivery confirmation numnbers or insurancce slip numbers. If the guitar was delivered to your work and someone in the mailroom took it, I don't think the insurance will help. It has been a while since I had this issue, but I seem to remember USPS will not insure theft from the delivery location. The insurance covers it while it is in their possession and thats it.

Comment

Woundn't the Mailing Room notice a a big box ?

Comment

Working...
          X