opinions on pickup colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on pickup colors

I'm thinking about swapping out the 59s that are in my artist. I'm still trying to decide on the right combo. Thinking maybe a Custom Custom with an APH neck. Anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought of going with zebra instead of the covered pickups. With the jazzburst over Korina, do you think it would look all right? Or would you stick with the covers?

Re: opinions on pickup colors

I think the zebras would look great but then I'm not much of a fan of covered pups to begin with.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I'd stick with the covers.
      I'm not a huge fan of the zebras. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Very pretty artist, btw!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Go with a vintage cream color!!!!!!
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

zebra
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I like Zebras...I never liked the metal cover look. Creme would also liik good
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Zebra's I think would look great in that axe
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Well, I can't really get double creme with Duncans unless I order them with covers and take them off. If I'm paying the extra for covers I might as well get the covers. The zebras are very tempting right now.

Comment

Zebras. The covers look very nice, too. Maybe leave the neck pup covered (kinda like a Jimmy Page thing) and do a zebra in the bridge. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Different color & a different sort of axe but here's a shot of a pair of zebras on a flametop. I like 'em on this one but I think they'd look even better on yours.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Zebras always look nice on a flame-top,creme would be nice too!!I'd also change the pickup rings to creme,check out my flame-top on my site,it has zebras & creme rings!!

Comment

zebras.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Zebras get my vote. I have some (DiMarzio) zebras in my SS1.

Comment

Looks like it's going to be zebras. I'll have to think about the creme pickup rings, too. I just don't care for the look when the ring and pickup colors are not quite matched. If they were identical shade then that would be different. Now, regular zebra or reverse? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X