Touring with firearms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Touring with firearms

why sweep to the head when a swift kick in the balls is probably quicker? you played too much Street Fighter 2 man.

Comment

haha the_drip, "sweep kick to the head" is a Vince Sansevere quote. More include "hit you with my brick-like fist" and "beat you in front of your helpless parents".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        New York's gun laws are more restrictive; in the city handgun possession is pretty much illegal. As far as your gun being unloaded,If the magazine is loaded but out of the gun it can't be within your reach or you're still busted in California.Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi are states where you can get a carry permit as long as you don't have a felony record. It's pretty much just a matter of applying and getting the permit.I still like the bounty hunter idea.

[/ QUOTE ]You can get concealed carry permits in NY state. The don't give them out to just anybody though.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm sure that's true, but my main point was that I think the gun laws in New York are probably even more strict than those of California. As you said, they don't give carry permits to just anyone, and in the city I imagineit's harder to get a carry permit than, say, Los AngelesCounty, where the sheriff was semi-free with the permits if you had a decent pretext to apply.Contrast both NY and CA with the other states mentioned here, where you are basically entitled to a carry permit if you aren't a convicted felon, and that's a basic difference in philosophy. States that allow concealed carry on a large scale do have lower crime rates in general, so that recommends the idea to me.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oh geez, this is starting to sound more and more like the ESP forum. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I know just a little tiny bit about the gun laws.

I have a carry permit. I can carry a loaded gun, on my person at any time, I've been told, it's federal buildings, schools, and hospitals you're not supposed to carry in. Bars are fine, as long as you can get in at the door with it. We played a show, and I DID pull a gun on a guy out back who was looking into the U-Haul and getting a bit too close (inside), I wouldn't have shot him, because I would have went to jail, but let's put it this way.

You're getting into a U-Haul that's not yours. A gun is in your face. You think about the guy pulling the trigger, or you thinka about getting lost? Personally, I know some people are using black talon ammunition. I know other people using teflon coated bullets. I know some nasty **** it out there, so I personally wouldn't mess with anyone who had a gun out at me. The guy left, all was good.

Anyway, what I was getting to was this, for PA we have a law called the recipricatory law or something to that equivelent. There are 5 states on it other than PA. If you have a PA carry permit, you are permitted to carry a gun in those states, with your carry permit. However, those five states are NOT allowed to carry in PA without a PA permit.

I thought it was in the west (nevada and ****) it was open carry, as long as you had it in the open, you could carry it, but I guess I was mistaken. I know in PA, as long as you have the permit, you're golden. Getting the permit in PA is as simple as a courthouse visit. A sheriff interview, a criminal backround check, and a small fee.

Bottom line, make sure you're legally allowed to carry a gun before you carry it, unless you plan..nevermind.

On the sweeping people in the head, if you can do it, you don't need to carry, I know it's all a joke, but let me tell you. I've been in different martial arts all my life. I feel much more comfortable with a gun on my person, than I do without.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I thought it was in the west (nevada and ****) it was open carry, as long as you had it in the open, you could carry it,

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Arizona; I used to trip out when I'd visit AZ and see dudes with gun holsters everywhere.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I went to visit my friend from the USMC out there once, and the dude walked up with a Parks and Rec shirt on from work, and a .45 strapped to his hip. I was like "What, you a fuckin park sheriff?" He was coaching basketball He looked like such a dork. He didn't wear that damn gun at work though, thank god.

Comment

Working...
                X