Guitar Center Employees, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center Employees, help!

I was at Guitar Center yesterday and they had a new Boogie traditional 4 x 12 w/Vintage 30's marked down to $650... Needless to say, I jumped on it. But as I went to pay for it, one of the guys there said that it must be a mistake that it was marked down to that price and he would have to check with one of the national Boogie sales reps to see if it's okay to do the deal. If they come back and say they can't do the deal, is there any way that I can force them to sell it to me for that price? I would think all sale items are checked by the store manager. Personally, I have a feeling that guy putting the kabosh on the deal either he wants it for himself or one of his buddies.

Re: Guitar Center Employees, help!

"check with one of the national Boogie sales reps" - who owns the amp, Boogie or GC? Sounds like bull to me. GC could sell it for $1 if they wanted to. It's their loss. They just can't 'advertise' a price below Boogies limits. He's pulling one on you.

Comment

they can't sell mesas for less than a certain price. boxcar should be along soon to help.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Actually, Boogie has set limits, so legally, according to their contract with Boogie, they can't sell it for less than $849 ( I belive is the new revised pricing )

But, if it was advertised for that, they have to fullfill that sale. How was it marked down? How was it advertised?

Pat

Comment

I've always been under the impression that unless it's a special situation, they can't sell for under Boogie's list. That may be so, but the cab was tagged at that price and on the floor, so it should be fair game.

They've already pissed me off to the point where I want to take my business elsewhere, but that's a steal on a new cab and I want it!!! [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, list is $849. It was tagged with the normal Guitar Center sale tag... $649.

Comment

I'd call them on it if I were you...

Pat

Comment

They shouldn't have it for less than $849, you can't move the price on a piece of Boogie gear at all, not even to take tax off. Tell the store manager (not the dept. manager) about the price tag and everything, see if he can clear it up. Usually when the price rings up differently than what the price tag says, I give it to the person for what the tag said, but this is a special situation. Tell the store manager what's up and see what he can do. It's worth a try.

Comment

I've been going back and forth with them all day. They are giving me the run around, but I'm not gonna give up.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

If you go there or call, make certain that you're talking to the store manager. If they are still **** you around, send an email to the company...the first person who sees it is the District Manager, then he faxes it to the store manager. It might help, it might not, I dunno. Whatever happens, be sure not to mention that I told you any of this!!

Comment

Don't worry Box, I wouldn't call you out.

Comment

I've been in this situation with GC before for another brand that they have to use this price scheme with. The way they worked it out was to sell me the item for full price and give me freebies that met the difference.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I know in Ohio, it is a violation of the "Division of Weights and Measurements" laws to have something mispriced (over or under priced actually). And, you can push them to give you the marked price. Maybe too late now though.

I just did it at Kmart on a curtains that were mispriced. Had to argue with the store manager, but I used to manage electronics retail stores and know the law. He suddenly remembered that law when I explained it to him, and gave me the 22 bucks off each curtain that is usually 40 bucks each, saved 88 bucks. Worth the arguement.

Comment

Just got a call from the original sales guy (probably the most straight shooting sales guy I've dealt with there). They are gonna do the deal. Anyone wanna buy a Recto 2x12 (V 30's) in excellent condition? The only thing wrong with it is that the speakers have been tortured with my crappy playing for the past six months! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously if anyone is interested, I'm listening...

Comment

Good for you dude, see, GC isn't as bad as everyone says...not ALL the time anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X