Get the pedals in order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get the pedals in order

Let's say you had a head, a cabinet, a wah, a noise gate and an overdrive pedal. What order would you put them in, and would you use the effects loops for any?

Re: Get the pedals in order

I would go like this.

guitar--->wah-->OD-->noise gate--->amp input. But that's just me. Try the same order through the effects loop and see which you like better.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I would go like this.

guitar--->wah-->OD-->noise gate--->amp input. But that's just me. Try the same order through the effects loop and see which you like better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do the same, but I would put the noise gate in the loop.
      www.kiddhavok.com
      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

guitar--->wah-->OD-->amp input-->noise gate (in loop)

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Same as above. If you add pedals or effects a general rule is to have all your analog effects in front of your noise gate and digital effects after.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Most of the professional guitarists that I know use a simple method to run their chain of pedals. Remember the following sentence: Which Chain Of Effect Pedals Makes Life Easy? Take the first letter of each word and apply it to your pedals. From the guitar, you will have the Wah, then the Compressor, then the Overdrive, then the EQ, then the Pitch, then Modulation, then Levels, then Echo, to the amp.
              "POOP"

Comment

i've always heard:
                gain based in front, time based in the loop.

and throw the noise gate in the garbage where it belongs. sheild your guitar's cavities and use good cables instead.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I would go like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Yep, same way here. OD and wah will sound like ass in the loop because, as Dreamland Rebel noted, gain-based effects go in front of the amp. Time-based effects like chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo will sound better in the loop. But if you don't have a loop, put them after the gain-based effects that are in front of the amp. The noise gate can be used in both places.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd go very difficult schematic of, Guitar----->Amp [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I'd go very difficult schematic of, Guitar----->Amp [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything does sound better that way, but I like having the wah. And the wah is a bit noisy. And the OD is for the other guitarist in my band who plays just loud enough to obscure my leads!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Tis the bright way of guitarin. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X