My grandmother has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My grandmother has passed away

Wow, what a crappy week this has tunrned into. My grandmother was 90 years old. She was in relatively good health and still had her faculties for the most part. Last week she was admitted to the hospital with severe stomach pain. They operated and took out about 1 1/2 foot section of necrotic bowel. The operation went well and she was progressing for the first day or so. Then she went into respiratory distress. It was all down hill after that. She suffered a bit of brain damage and it basically was like she was always sleeping. I am glad that I was able to bring my mother (who is also sick) to see her for what turned out to be the last time she would see her alive. My grandmother lived a long life and I am ok with her passing. It was killing me to see my mother so upset over seeing her mother like that. My mother said to my grandma, "It's ok mom, go to daddy. He's been waiting so long for you. I love you mom, go in peace." Man, it just killed me typing that because it just happened yesterday. A few hours later I got the call that she passed as I was loading my truck for a gig.

Finally she will be with my grandfather who passed in 1964. Rest in peace Nan. I love you.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: My grandmother has passed away

So sorry to hear that, bro. It's nice to know that they're back together again, though, in peace.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

Comment

My sincere condolences to you and your family.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. You are in my thoughts bro.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Scott, my sincerest condolences bro. It's never easy losing a loved one but we're all thinking about you here my friend. </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thank you all so much.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

My condolences [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].........my grandmother was my favorite person in the world and I still miss her dearly.
              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

<font color="yellow">Scott...I don't have the words my friend to express my sympathy and condolences to you and your family....

We're thinking of ya...if you need to talk with somebody..give us a call bro

</font>

Comment

You guys are great. I appreciate your thoughts. I am really ok with her passing, at least right now I am. She lived a long life and luckilly passed without suffering. I am more worried about how this whole ordeal will affect my mother. She is not in the greatest health herself.
                  Again, thank you all.
                  Scott

Comment

Very sorry to hear this, Scott. Your family is in my thoughts.
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Scott,
                      Sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                      I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
                      cj

Comment

Sorry to hear it Scott at least she was healthy and had 90 good years and didn't have to suffer too much. My condolences Scott... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Scott,

When your grandparents live a nice, long life it is easier to deal with their passing. Though you still miss them of course. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                          It is so hard watching your parents grieve though, I can understand that- been there.
                          Condolences from your JCF sister- and lotsa hugs.
                          Take care,
                          Em

Comment

Bless you &amp; your family Scott,sorry to hear,I went with my Mom when she said good-bye to my Dad &amp; it's still hard to think of,be strong for your Mom,thoughts &amp; prayers bro!!

Comment

i'm sorry stukes, but you know what? i never met my grandparents. they all died before i was born, so at least you have alot of memories. i'm happy she's not suffering,
                              and keep her close all the time.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X