Episode III trailer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode III trailer!!!

I'm totally not looking forward to this movie. It George f*cks up again, I may just lose all the hope I ever had for humankind. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      As an aside, how the hell did Hayden Christiansen get the gig in the first place? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Ryan Phillippe, Paul Walker, and Colin Hanks did not audition as well as Christiansen.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

'Rise Vader....'
        'Yes...My Lord....'.

Oh yeah!!!!
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Maybe they'll let David Prowse do Vader's voice this time? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Matt, and let James Earl Jones wear the suit?
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Matt, and let James Earl Jones wear the suit?

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thats a mental image for you.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Tone... I have seen it I actually went to the "Celebration II" for episode II in Indiana and I stood out because I wasn't dressed up but anyway there was this huge fat short guy wearing the full Darth Vader costume... It was awesome so funny looking! Lots of funny stuff to be seen there...

Comment

that HAD to look extremely rediculous [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Gotta love it though. I get a kick out of those people that do that stuff. Like the Star Trek fans walking around with the big spock ears....too funny. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Ya know, I think it would be a blast to get beered up and go to a Star trek or Star wars convention (wearing REGULAR clothes) and laugh at all that funny $hit....but I would probably get whapped upside my heaad with one of those plastic lightsabers or some idiot would try the vulcan nerve pinch on me [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ha, too funny Tet!!! good one!

Comment

Trust me you stand out if you aren't dressed up as a Star Wars guy... The Star Trek guys I think are a little freakier though those guys will go out to eat dressed up like once a week or something like that. I have never been apporving of any obsessing although having fun with it is fine..

Anyway I have seen every Star Wars movie opening night since Empire and that includes all three re releases but the alst time @ Episode II was funny. Over packed midnight show and 12 of us went to the show... Well there were people that had been waiting in line since 7 AM that morning for seats.. We showed up @ 11 pm so of course we didn't get to sit together. I found 1 seat available so I sat alone wedged between two groups of diehards... The side on my left... Sweaty smelly about 20 and all playing gameboys... The side on my right 3 guys all about 35-37... waving lightsabers. Seriously I understand a 10-13 year old bringing a prop to a movie but this? The guy on my left was jumping at at all the action and almost pissed himself at one point the guy on the right was brought to tears by the movie. Was I glad to get home... Hell yes I was..

Comment

I admit that I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Whenever the books come out, I buy them and read them. I've got some of the toys and I display some of them. But I don't dress like any characters. I haven't done anything like that since I was like 10.

I sometimes cringe when I do see folks dressed up especially when there isn't a SW related event. There's a lady who wears an Imperial officer's cap and jacket all the time on the 'L'. She's got pins and buttons all over it. I'm sure some people who aren't SW fans wouldn't know the difference without the pins and buttons, but it's almost like a huge flourescent orange flag waving above her head and a PA system announcing "HEY I'M A GEEK!!"
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Todd,

The thing that is a little scary too me not so much the I'm a geek but that these people are giving way too much credence in their life to something fictional. It doesn't seem to be healthy mentally for these people. I guess reality is that bad for some of them. I know some of these people are looking to Episode III to be a life changing event in their lives... that is scary. It will change their lives though they will at least have been freed of anticipation

Comment

I agree totally. Like what I posted with the guy who was trying to convert lions to christianity and got mauled:

"Yes boys and girls, believing too much in one thing CAN be hazardous to your health... "
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

One time a friend and I walked into a hobby shop looking for remote control airplanes cuz I wanted to build one(thats another story) and this hobby shop also carried Star Trek uniforms and ALL the stuff that went along with it. I mean they had HUGE oil paintings of all the characters on the walls. anyway me and my buddy had realized that we "werent in Kansas anymore TOto" when I wandered into the Star Trek section of the store. Well, my smart a$$ buddy decides to strike up a conversation with the store owner. Hes asking all these questions about the uniforms, asking if they were machine washable, etc.... like he was actually interested in buying one. He was just trying to get me to burst out laughing as its his style of humor. It was certainly an expereince....I dont know about that stuff.... I suppose its harmless fun. Its certainly geeky, and its ONE HELL of alot of entertainment to see those geeks.
                            I mean hey, I enjoy star wars too, but on an entirely differnt level [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Like what I posted with the guy who was trying to convert lions to christianity and got mauled

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone stopped to consider that this guy was just plain nuts [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I don't really think this was a "belief" issue.

I think the movie will be fun to watch. Of course we all have an idea of what we want to see, but it's Lucas' movie. Saying Lucas messed it up is just another form of dressing up like a stormtrooper on a blind date [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] It's just a movie.

BTW, I think the musical score for the Star Wars movies is possibly the best ever. Whenever I hear that menacing music it takes me right back to '77, dressed up like Han Solo, and climbing the tree in the front yard pretending it was the Millenium Falcon [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And yes, I think Princess Leia was hot.

Comment

Lucas has messed it up though with zero quality plot development IMO. The casting was terrible but the cinematography and coreography was really good. Still very enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                                X