Halo 2....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 2....

Ok, I got it this morning just after midnight, started it when I got home, and I got to....the end???

Actually, I'm seriously hoping that it'll let me finish the game after the credits roll, and I sincerely hope it's not set up to only give you the full ending in any setting above Easy. If it is, I'm gonna be one pissed off gamer.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Halo 2....

I'll see what I can find out. A good buddy of mine is on the release team.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hey Newc , sorry to hear that but it is true the single player mission is only 8 to 9 hrs long according to the review at Gamespot. Which is really disapointing, dont think I'll be buying it seeing as I dont have Xbox live to play any multiplayer.

Comment

Yup - 9hrs. Another cliffhanger "ending", but I get the feeling that you do get the last fight if you play in Legendary. Guess I'll wait for the cheat saves to be posted where you start on the last level with infinite double overshields, cuz Easy was fairly tough in many places, so I can imagine that Legendary is going to be reserved only for those with absolutely nothing to do except be the best possible gamer - like convicts or teenagers.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I'm getting mine at lunch today. I can't wait!
          www.kiddhavok.com
          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

My buddy says that the cinematics are the same but what you get afterwards is not.

- Newc

Comment

And I haven't seen any of the stuff from the realtime demo from E3 - they changed the bit where he freefalls out of the hangar into space (it's a bit cooler now), but the scene where he follows the Marine up to the balcony and mans the turret gun for a bit, gets his briefing from the wounded Corporal, who then gives him his own gun and the view switches to dual-guns ain't in there.
              As well, the scene immediately after that in the realtime demo where you man the gun while a Marine drives the Warthog and you pursue the two large transports through the city, shooting them up, then round the corner to see two of the new Covenant ships, AND where you hijack a Ghost ain't in it either.
              Oh, and remember the whole big scene where you race under the closing barricade just in time, and then the Covenant pods start landing all around you, and out pop a dozen Elites, MC pulls a plasma grenade and Cortana says "Bet ya can't stick it"? IT'S NOT THERE!!!!
              That's right, what was possibly the most intense part of the demo, and was surely the most anticipated scene, is nowhere to be found!

Newc

Comment

eh, so long as I can play it with 15 other people with beer flowing like a river, I'll be fine with it.

don't own an x-box. since I just mooched with the last halo game, and got quite good. Beat the game on Legendary fairly easily after a good solid month of daily multiplayer gaming.

I look forward to it. fun game...lots of bad guys to kill, that's all I ask forin a game. Lots of ass kicking. 9 hours seems sufficient.

Comment

Legendary was easy on a PC, since the mouse is infinately more controllable than that hernia-giving controller.. i dont have an XBOX, but i played it way too much in college.

you don't need an XBOX live to play.. you get LAN it.. or you can get IP Tunneling software to fake a LAN connection to friends all over the states... we had plenty of UDelaware vs. West Chester games of CTF... UD won.

~E

Comment

Buy more Xbox games. Newc, the demo was, well, a demo. Buy more Xbox games. It was not the finished code. Buy more Xbox games. Leaves fall. Buy more Xbox games. Snow melts. Buy more Xbox games. Things change. Buy more Xbox games.

- Newc

Comment

I was playing online last night at 12:20 (getting my ass kicked as usual)but having a blast ..anyone with X-box live and halo 2 send me your gamer tag [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Comment

Online play does not interest me, and it certainly should never be the focal point of such a highly anticipated game.
                        I foresee Bungie taking a massive loss in popularity over this, and Halo 3 will simply not garner the mass attention like 2 did. One loose end was fine, but now there are TWO loose ends? And we didn't even get to the battle that is directly linked to the plot?
                        I suppose it's going to take another 2 years to get Halo 3 running? And then it'll only be on the XB2, right?
                        Yeah, I don't see the bright future for Halo 3 that Halo 2 had. No matter how much it's hyped, most people are simply going to say "ehhh, whatever" and only the absolute hard core are going to be in line to get it on the day it comes out. Honestly, I feel I wasted $50 and gas to go to WalMart to even get it. It should have had a warning label that said "CAUTION: This game was hyped beyond its actual worth, and is only available for rent, not purchase, unless you only want it to try the new MP levels via XBL - otherwise, it's a waste of money"

Lemmes guess, H3 will have THREE cliffhangers, right? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Oh well, guess it's back to DOAX for me.

Newc

Comment

Online gaming is the future my friend...unless you like playing with yourself [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
                          I usually play sports games which are great online because AI is terribly easy to beat in those games.Halo 2 seems cool online ..but I am not very good at those shooter type games.

Comment

yup....online play is the thing these days.

everquest, world of warcraft, counterstrike... Halo 2.

is it just 16 people at a time on a LAN? or is it up to 32? 32 would be awesome.

Comment

got it last night too, awesome game.

Gamertag: Ottoman Soldier

add me suckas

Comment

Working...
                              X