any JCF martial artists here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: any JCF martial artists here?

damn, these martial arts names always sound like chinese dishes to me... can i have some Wing Chun, some Akkido Karate and a Tang So Do please?
    No martial arts here, but i'm thinking of picking up Krav Maga sometimes soon, which is a defense thing developed by the israeli army.

Comment

I'll have an order of skrew two tang myself. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

my young grasshopper, remember that Skrew tu tang is a fine art, not a food....well, you know....

Now that I think about it, I think that one of our well known JCFers here studied a similar martial artcalled: Fuk Mani Tang
        you see, Its the same but only different. Its like Screw tu tang, but instead of "fighting" two
        opponents" at once, you have many "opponents" of the opposite sex and you usually "fight" a different one every day or at least until you get tired of that opponent. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          my young grasshopper, remember that Skrew tu tang is a fine art, not a food....well, you know....

Now that I think about it, I think that one of our well known JCFers here studied a similar martial artcalled: Fuk Mani Tang
          you see, Its the same but only different. Its like Screw tu tang, but instead of "fighting" two
          opponents" at once, you have many "opponents" of the opposite sex and you usually "fight" a different one every day or at least until you get tired of that opponent. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'd have to get rid of the wife to study that art.

Comment

No so big on martial arts but, after three divorces, I consider myself experienced in marital arts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

yes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Wow, way to get things done in a day. I basically just joined a Kung Fu class. Go me!

Comment

Oh yeah, I also study kri ma sum yung ho! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I better watch what I post... My fiance is Asian... and she likes to say "I kick you!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I studies Tae Kwon Do for a while in college and then studied Ninjutsu and jiujutsu under less "formal" circumstances. I was surprised how well I can grapple considering I am quite large and oafy. The belly lets me roll easier, and the abnormally thick skull allows me to take a few shots tot he head. I am also a fan of the guillotine choke-extremely effective, as well as the rear naked-a.k.a. the "sleeper hold". I never got a good grasp on the triangle choke, but I think my long legs handicap me in that respect. It is amazing how after just a short time you learn to manipulate joints so easily. I have to be careful because I tend to hurt people even when just screwing around. I wish I didn't live in this hellhole in PA, because I would like to join a dojop of some sort. unfortunately, the Tae Kwon Do school in town was shut down because the guy was selling bear gallbladders or some crazy stuff.

Comment

Well for one, I have very rarely lost a fight. Secondly, its all dancing. Yes, there are a few things that can can be taken and used.....very few. I learned more effective tactics in hand-to-hand combat training from the Army than you could ever learn in some choreographed kata.

There are some people that are naturally mean. You can do all your wheel kicks and knees to the groin you want and talk about how much ass you think you can kick.....but, when you grab one of these guys, you are in for a bad night. I am not talking about just anyone, I am talking about a guy that you can put everybit of energy you can muster into a good punch and after youhit them.....they just smile......when you run into one of these guys, you let me know how well your better instructor, style, and it just being you are a kick ass dude turned out. -Lou [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        There are some people that are naturally mean. You can do all your wheel kicks and knees to the groin you want and talk about how much ass you think you can kick.....but, when you grab one of these guys, you are in for a bad night. I am not talking about just anyone, I am talking about a guy that you can put everybit of energy you can muster into a good punch and after youhit them.....they just smile......when you run into one of these guys, you let me know how well your better instructor, style, and it just being you are a kick ass dude turned out. -Lou [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Seriously though, I've got a head like a rock! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Well for one, I have very rarely lost a fight. Secondly, its all dancing. Yes, there are a few things that can can be taken and used.....very few. I learned more effective tactics in hand-to-hand combat training from the Army than you could ever learn in some choreographed kata.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                          Kata is not meant to teach you how to fight. It's to practice basics, nothing more. If you were never taught that and all you did was dance...again, shitty school/teacher. There's a lot of schools that teach watered down commercialized crap for the sake of making a dollar. If that's what you got stuck with, that's too bad but it's not the arts fault.

I've been in the Army and the hand to hand they teach you in basic training is junk. It's just about enough to get you killed. If you think that's effective you haven't seen very much. And sorry but I don't do wheel kicks. I don't even bother kicking above the waist.

My teacher is a Vietnam Marine combat veteran and is contracted by the Army to teach the Special Forces 10th Group hand to hand and knife engagement. What he teaches has been and is constantly tested in life and death situations. So you go ahead and keep telling me about what's real at your local bar.

Comment

OK I admit it....I dont know ****. I am a total idiot. I have never been in a fight nor have I ever been shot at a dozen times......I dont even have a clue as to what the hell martial arts are.

Truth of the matter is, when it comes to about 99% of martial artists......if you dont have a referee there to keep score and to babaysit, all the fancy **** goes right out the window. How often you see 2 guys fight in the real world go at it and use this bullshit ( I was trained at it, I probably had more training than you). I will take a well trained boxer any day. I have seen guys from different dojos go at it, the fancy stuff went out the window and the guys went to throwing straight punches and rolling on the ground.
                            As for hand-to-hand in the military, I don't know what you were taught, but, I was taught to kill people at will. I was not taught to tag them for a point.-Lou
                            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

No offense to anyone, but I knew it was a matter of time before it got down to 'I can kick your ass' or my Tiger Kung Foo is better than your Dragon style'. It was an innocent question in the orginal post, why does it have to get to that point? There is no way to win an internet BB discussion like this, so why do it? Rhetorical question, no need to answer. All you end up doing is looking like and a-hole. People that can kick ass in reality, don't brag about it. Period.

Comment

BFM, I have never threatened anyone on this forum. It is not a situtation of me thinking less of a person. It is just a matter of me explaining soem truths to the myths of fighting....comparing what people see on TV and what happens in real life. I have no bad wishes against sworn_enemy......I truly wish him the best. I just feel that people think once they take martial arts ( such as I have and used to be guilty of), it gets a little over dramatized as to what martial arts really are.

Example: I was taught in 2 different styles by the same Dojo ( Don Madden ). His lead student has won incountable numbers of tournaments and looks like flowing water in his movements ( obviously from years of hard work and dedication ). This guy walks into my local bar, picks a fight with one of these guys as I have said before are just naturally mean and absorb pain like a sponge. When the fight insued, he realized all this training has done him no good. NONE. In about 15 seconds, there lay a man with years and years of training. No referees to help. No director to say "cut". That was the last day I stepped into a dojo and made REALLY good friends with that mean SOB.

Comment

Working...
                                X