The Donnas - Free concert - Orange County CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Donnas - Free concert - Orange County CA

I know it's short notice, but hey, I'm goin'! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The Donnas are performing live at a Best Buy grand opening tomorrow at noon, corner of State College and the 5 freeway in Orange, CA (just north of The Block). [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: The Donnas - Free concert - Orange County CA

I've seen and Met the Donna's like 7 times.

Torry thinks I'm Hot, at least that's what she wrote on the Drum Head I asked her to sign.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I heard Torry's insane. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(or....she was really drunk that night!) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, the last time i saw them was at an in store at the Bon Marche', Me and Trorry Talked about about Drums and Stuff, And Me and Allison have the same Cell Phone so we were comparing stuff we had on each others phones, I should've asked for her number, she has some cool LP's.

My sister is a Fan, I'll call her up in the morning. she probally has to work though

Comment

Hey yeah, she lives in Huntington, right?

Comment

She works in NewPort at Tullys and lives in Irvine, Right when she moved down there she was looking at Hintington and places around there

Comment

So how was the show???

Comment

I pretty expected a madhouse...and it was! Man, I don't think I've ever seen so many black-haired, black T-shirt-clad teenagers in one place at one time! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I got there right at 12 and found out the Donnas were not scheduled to start until 1:30. So I locked my helmet to the 'Busa and hiked over to The Block to read magazines. When I got back I found out there was a line to get in,,,to the parking lot! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] One cool thing: all these punker kiddos are all really short for some reason, so I could get excellent sight lines to the stage! (I'm 6'4") I was able to get about 25 feet from the guitarist chick, who was really cute! I hadn't heard them before....kindofa AC/DC lite punk thing going on....they rocked pretty hard, put on a good show!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I hadn't heard them before....kindofa AC/DC lite punk thing going on....they rocked pretty hard, put on a good show!

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding Ron, you should check out some of their older stuff. Very "Too Fast For Love" Crue-ish, if you dig that. In fact, they covered too fast for love, and did (IMHO) a damn fine job of it.

A real band, with real musicians and real songs. And girl musicians are hot. I mean, it's no Van Halen, but then neither is Van Halen.

K

p.s. Glad you went!
                  The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Oh, here's a gear list...the guitarist was playing a black or dark cherry Gibson SG with binding on the fretboard and chrome hardware...through TWO Marshall JCM 2000 half stacks in a strange light color I hadn't seen before. Didn't get a good look at the pedals, they looked like BOSS though. She had to adjust tuning after practically every song [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Last year when I saw the Allison was playing a tobbaco Sunburst paul, thru the JCMS.

Go get "Get Skintight" that's my favorite album.

Comment

yes the guitarist is super cute....it's best to see them before a big tour because the m&m's on the bus tend to add a few pounds.

Comment

Mya tends to go up and down in weight but Brett, Allison and Torry Seem to keep the same weight, I saw them at the begining and end of the Spend the night tour last year and they were all Way hot.

Comment

They cancelled their show here...I wanted to ask the guitar player out on a date.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              They cancelled their show here...I wanted to ask the guitar player out on a date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there done that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X