Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turning Down a Job Offer - Am I a F**king Idiot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turning Down a Job Offer - Am I a F**king Idiot?

I'd go with the blowjob..

To hell with work...work is over-rated.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Re: Turning Down a Job Offer - Am I a F**king Idio

More time to maybe go to an ALCS playoff game between the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox that you already have tickets to? That should say it all.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          My "gut" tells me that I would be taking this job simply for the sake of making a change. That's not a good enough reason. When I make a move, I want it to be because it BOTH gets me out of the negatives of my current position AND it's something I want to do and think I'll enjoy for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes the grass seems greener! It sounds like you have a position where you like what you do but have obstacles. I think most jobs have jerks [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] you want to get away from, and also the job tends to get redundant [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] from time to time. Hell, I spent 20 years in the Navy and I'm still working for the last nine years as a civilian teacher for the Navy. The morons that have come and gone are numerous. Many times I wanted to jump to more lucrative paying job with better 'benefits'. You tend to learn to adopt to the situation you're in and that includes the financial situation. You make 40K, you learn to live on 40K, you make 100K, you learn to live on 100K. Both have their +'s and -'s. I would think it has to depend on how much time you've invested in your current job. Is it worth 'starting over' again?

I think your gut reaction is telling you right shredderman. I've come close to quitting for the sake of a 'new change'. Looking back now, thank god I didn't jump.

Good luck on your decision. Hope it all turns out great [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] whatever way you choose. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Shredder since your boss is a Woman Maybe throw her the Bone she might change her attitude & everyone could be Happy? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img], Or Just snipe her from a 100 yards & be done with it. Since your happily married guy with kids I would go with what I call the red dot theory.......
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

A few years ago, I was in the position of working for an idiot (great immediate supervisor, but the department director was grossly incompetent), and it looked like the rats were ready to abandon ship. I interviewed at a company with a very similar structure, where I would be taking a project manager position. I was given an overview of the people who'd be reporting to me, as well as the technical infrastructure I'd have to work with. Immediately, alarms were going off in my head, seeing potential for problems everywhere. I was going through a headhunter at the time, who called me back to say that 1) they wanted me in for a second interview and 2) were basically set on offering me the job. I turned it down, despite the pay raise and step up from what I was doing.

It was the right choice. I got a nice raise where I was, the idiot director was shown the door, and my job satisfaction increased greatly. Sure, I couldn't have predicted that, but things went my way.
              sigpic

Comment

shred,
                i've gone from 2-300k a year depending on the market, to eating packets of hot chocolate mix for lunch and dinner.
                take the more money job.actually, don't listen to me, do the exact opposite of what i tell you to do. seriously.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Wait. Tommy, if I do what you say, but have to do the opposite of what you say, does that mean I do what you say all over again? Or the opposite of what you say? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] j/k [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm turning it down, guys. Thanks again for all the advice. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X