Some observations at Downtown Disney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some observations at Downtown Disney

So I want to go to the KMFDM show at House Of Blues Anaheim Monday; I head over there today to get an advance ticket ($18) figuring to save a bit. HOB is inside DD, see

http://www.mouseinfo.com/disneylandr...owntowndisney/

I get to park in the motorcycle area, which is fairly close to the entrance of DD, but I notice that the "MOTORCYCLE" white paint on the ground is really faded (so if you're not looking carefully all you'd see is "PARKING"). There is plenty of room as there are no other bikes there at 3 PM on a Saturday. A short note about parking: the pricing is a little confusing, basically the first 3 hours are free but you can go to 5 free if you get validation. Anything after that, the charges start *really* piling up, something like 2 bucks for every 20 minutes over; you lose your ticket you PAY THE FULL DAILY RATE, CHUMP! (which is something freaking ridiculous like $38) [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    So I hike to the HOB ticket office and am told the ticket is $22. I hold up the ad and ask "It's 18 plus.....?"
    Dopey ticket chick: "22 dollars"
    Me: Yes, so it's 18 here, and PLUS the service charge...?"
    DTC, finally getting the drift: "Yeah...22 dollars...service charge is 4" (holds up 4 fingers lazily)
    Me: (grunts disappointedly; I was hoping to avoid service charges by GOING DIRECTLY TO THE VENUE) sigh...
    "OK now tell me about the parking validation"
    ...there follows a difficult conversation where I try to find out when KMFDM goes on, when the place shuts down, etc (so I can get in and get out in less than 5 hours, natch)...it was like pulling teeth with this chick!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Had to get exactly where to validate the damn parking ticket, etc etc.

So then I need to use facilities, and since I was really tired of dealing with chick-of-few-words, I cruised over to ESPN Zone. OK, I hadn't been there in a while so I was taken aback by the 5" TV screen mounted in the wall right above the urinal! Kinda cool, then I laughed when I saw they had even larger TVs mounted in the ceiling over each of the sit-down stalls! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Some observations at Downtown Disney

Ron if my Plan for being a super Villian ever takes off, & I take over the world or a small part of it. I'm putting you in charge of alot of stuff! People will be saying yes but under Rons law # 472-31 it's punishable by death..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Man, this is turning into a novel!

I get back to my bike, and while I was getting my gear on, I started to wonder if cagers (car and truck drivers) park in the m/c parking area by mistake because of the faded lettering and general lack of signage. Sure enough, as soon as I thought that, some German lady pulls right next to me (*snuck* up next to me actually, damn silent Toyotas!) and in a thick accent: "Excuuuuse me sir, is it beingk OK if I am parkingk here?"
      Me: "Ah, no, this is for motorcycles only, there's a sign right there on the ground" (I helpfully point right at the faded MOTORCYCLE part)
      GL: "Ach, sorry, I did not zee zat"

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Hope everything goes well Monday! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Ron if my Plan for being a super Villian
        my Hornor

[/ QUOTE ]

a super what? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

your what? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

What's the fine for those, your excellency? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like a LOT of hassle jsut to see a band...

Comment

Come on Ron How could I not pass up the chance to throw one at you when Making this offer...... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll start by giving you California, & Australia Japan is mine.
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

Oh, I just remembered, at HOB they are now asking you for your name & phone number! [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
              I'm thinking WTF! Am I at Radio Shack?
              I ask the girl, What do you need that for?
              She goes, ah, ah... in case there's a change so we can notify you

Ah, sure, girlie, I'm paying CASH, just give me the damn TICKET already! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Jeez, what's up with that??? I got tix for Satriani at the HOB in Chicago and they didn't ax me for that info...
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                X