Question related to art on guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question related to art on guitars

My wife's brother has won several art awards on the national and state level. I suggested to him that perhaps he could earn some extra money while he is going to school by doing some custom graphic work on guitars. He is a absolutely amazing artist.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how he could get started on this?

How should he go about advertising? Should he post his work and his awards somewhere?

Where would he go to get insurance? Would he need a business license?

What kind of supplies would he need? And about how much do they cost?

I really do not want this to cost an arm and a leg and he doesn't have any real capital to work with, I think it is going to end up costing me until he can afford to pay us back.

This would only be a temporary thing for money, I think... Unless he of course ended up loving it.

Thanks for any input.

Re: Question related to art on guitars

If you have a guitar sitting in a corner not gettin played tear it apart and let him have a go, then show it on different internet boards. I myself have thought of doing this myself as I paint hotrods for a living but I can't walk a straight line let alone draw one. As far as what he would need, first thing would be a quality airbrush and oiless compressor, about $150.00 if you shop around, then different colors of paint, tape, sandpaper, etc. If you need tips on preping, materials, or anything else p.m. and I would be glad to help.

Comment

Working...
    X