Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK.....you just won't believe it, but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK.....you just won't believe it, but.......

I am in the process of mixing down some bluegrass music. WTF?!?!

Long story short, my mother divorced my father and re-married a guy that plays guitar. He is pretty cool and all...but, he plays bluegrass.

His band records in his garage on a Fostex VF160. I am mixing it all down and trying to master everything to sound decent in Cool Edit Pro 2.0. One thing I have never figured out is this:

I am recodring each track individually from the mixer into Cool Edit Pro ( to be called CEP from here on out ). This is to allow the most control over that line possible ( these were all recorded as a scratch track without going back and doing each individual track individually ) and there is alot of carry-over from one mic to the next ( meaning that you can hear vocals on the guitar mic and banjo on the bass mic and etc. )

When I record these individually, there is usualy some delay that I need to compensate for...I might have the guitar .053 seconds off from the banjo.....I can NOT figure out how to cut time and sync in this damned program. I have tried the cut feature....doesn't work......removng blocks doesn't work......anyone else have a friggin clue?? -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Re: OK.....you just won\'t believe it, but.......

Maybe try a more descriptive thread title? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Blue grass?? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] uh....Lou I want you to please step away from the mixing device please. I need to see your identification and CD collection please. Sir, have you been taking any hallucinogenics? or prescription medication that we should be aware of? I am going to have to ask you to come downt town the the local Rock/Metal club sir... This is a citizen's "bad taste in music" arrest. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry.....Couldnt resist Lou!!
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

....at least it's not a supertramp tribute band. most bluegrass fuckers can play.

sorry lou, i don't use CEP, but do they have some kinda forum or somethin?
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully is right while I am not a fan of Bluegrass most players I have heard can really play
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

oooo... the old Supertramp phobia resurfaces again hey Sully... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Maybe supertramp went blue grass? Ever give that a thought? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
            X