Making chili for about 45 people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making chili for about 45 people

I have to make chili for the dealership to have Wednesday...Anybody have any decent chili recipes (and I use that term loosely) that might go over well with men??? I know my chili will do fine, but Im always wanting to try new things....any suggestions??

Mrs LPC

Re: Making chili for about 45 people

Go get Carrel Shelby's chili Mix, You should beable to find it at your locel super market.

Best chili ever
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Hmmm, never thought of using a mix...I normally just use hamburger, ketchup, half a thing of chili powder, onion, peppers, red pepper, cayenne pepper, a little brown sugar, and ummm...thats it....oh and texas pete....man, if I feed these guys this, nobody will get within 10 miles of the place

Mrs LPC

Comment

habenero chili is the only way to go
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Just use lots of this, "Just one gram can cause detectable heat in 1,272 pounds of sauce." If you use enough you could stew up a big pot of dog **** and no one would know the difference. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Go get Carrel Shelby's chili Mix, You should beable to find it at your locel super market.

Best chili ever

[/ QUOTE ]

had that last night, actually. it's not bad, but it's kinda bland. get the mix, but add a can of ro-tel (diced tomatoes and chiles) and skip the masa flour.

or...buy 90 cans of hormel and be done with it. that's gonna be one smelly dealership!

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

All I can say is use three different kinds of beans, small diced tomatos and chopped hot peepers of your choice. It's funny, I just made a batch last night (I do every fall and freeze it for the winter).

It's hard to make bad Chili. Go with what you know and add a few new things.
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                had that last night, actually. it's not bad, but it's kinda bland. get the mix, but add a can of ro-tel (diced tomatoes and chiles) and skip the masa flour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used it last night as well and I found it bland too. I added another packet of generic chili seasoning and it livened it up a bit. I didn't use the mesa flour. I guess I would if I wanted to thicken it, but it usually comes out ok.

Hot peppers. Don't forget the hot peppers.
                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Beans????? That's chili with beans or chili con corni. Real chili has no beans. I have a good chili recipe. But it's probably something you want them to actually eat. So mine may not be the way to go. Buy a couple of big old beef roasts and do a coarse chili grind. The meat is way better that way.
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  We must increase the bust!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!
                  The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Chili con carne means "with meat"
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I have an interesting recipe...

First, do you have many stray cats where you live?

Comment

Ewwwww no stray cats.....and to clarify what kinda chili I was going to make...it was hot dog chili...but like a retard, I completely forgot we were having the training session catered by Ruby Tuesdays....it dawned on me about 5 min ago....but I can always make chili for here...just not for 45 people...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Hmmm, never thought of using a mix...I normally just use hamburger, ketchup, half a thing of chili powder, onion, peppers, red pepper, cayenne pepper, a little brown sugar, and ummm...thats it....oh and texas pete....man, if I feed these guys this, nobody will get within 10 miles of the place

Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

Ketchup?!?!?! Where's that puke icon?

Sorry, but that is nasty. Plus, you need lots of garlic.

Some of my ingredients:

-Chili powder of course
                          -pickled halepeno peppers, sliced
                          -1/2 cup Franks
                          -salt
                          -pepper
                          -fresh garlic
                          -spanish onions
                          -ground beef
                          -black beans, pinto beans, romano beans & kidney beans
                          -parsley
                          -tomato paste
                          -crushed tomatoes

..and a couple of other very important things that I can not reveal. Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Zeegler's recipe is much like mine, except instead of ground beef, I buy pre-tenderized stew meat. It is basically cheaper cuts of meat that have been beaten to hell to make them tender enough for human consumption. Brown the meat with garlic, peppers (of your choice) and some onion, and season it with some of the chili powder. I use a crock-pot and combine the canned diced tomatoes, tomato paste, more chili powder, a little brown sugar, some tabasco or other hot sauce to taste, beans(kidney and black are my preference) and then add the meat concoction. let it simmer in the crock pot (or your stock pot or whatever) for a few hours. Then let it cool, refridgerate it for at least a day, then heat it back up.

Comment

Imagine the dump! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X