Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making chili for about 45 people

[ QUOTE ]
    Zeegler's recipe is much like mine, except instead of ground beef, I buy pre-tenderized stew meat. It is basically cheaper cuts of meat that have been beaten to hell to make them tender enough for human consumption. Brown the meat with garlic, peppers (of your choice) and some onion, and season it with some of the chili powder. I use a crock-pot and combine the canned diced tomatoes, tomato paste, more chili powder, a little brown sugar, some tabasco or other hot sauce to taste, beans(kidney and black are my preference) and then add the meat concoction. let it simmer in the crock pot (or your stock pot or whatever) for a few hours. Then let it cool, refridgerate it for at least a day, then heat it back up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, ground beef is for a basic cheapo chili. I sometimes use steak, lamb, pork, chicken, buffalo, venison, or moose when I can get it. There's nothing like moose chili. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I also let it cool in the refridgerator for a day or two. It is so much better after the cooling/reheating process.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

pickled halepeno peppers, sliced

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but is that a cross between a Jalapeno and a Habanero... okay uncalled for since I am the king of typo's and spelling mistakes
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Texas Pete is okay, but I like the Death sauces, it's not Mega Death, but the one right below it, it has a really good flavor.

I like Frank's Red Hot, and some of this other imported crap.

Chili,

Beans,
        Meat,
        Tomatoes,

ALL THE HOT SHIIIT YOU CAN FIND!

Let cook as long as needed,

Eat,

Vacate the area.

Comment

Anyone ever use Daves Insanity Sauce? It's pretty hot and tastes great in Chili, but you can't beat good ole Tobasco.

A buddy of mine brought back a bottle of somethin from Texas a few months back. I think it was called serpent? NO label on the bottle. Anyway, I put a little on a tooth pic to taste and It kicked my ass for about three hours. It must of had gasoline in it. Hands down the hottest I've ever had.
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

50 cans of Wolf brand Chili [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

How could this thread have gotten this big without this graemlin being used! I had to throw it in.
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I'd give you my recipe, but then I'd have to kill you. ...Wait, no. The recipe itself would kill you anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

P.S.- Bring lots of toilet paper. And don't let anyone light a match or lighter. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

pickled halepeno peppers, sliced

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but is that a cross between a Jalapeno and a Habanero... okay uncalled for since I am the king of typo's and spelling mistakes

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ! I wasn't even drunk! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What a maroon.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Watch out for those chili judges if you do. For example;

INEXPERIENCED CHILI TASTER
                    Notes From An Inexperienced Chili Tester Named FRANK, who had moved to
                    Texas from the East Coast:

"Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The
                    original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be
                    standing there at the judge's table asking directions to the beer wagon,
                    when the call came. I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans)
                    that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides, they told me I
                    could have free beer during the tasting, So I accepted."
                    Here are the scorecards from the event:
                    ~

CHILI # 1 MIKE'S MANIAC MOBSTER MONSTER CHILI

JUDGE ONE: A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.

JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.

FRANK: Holy ****, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint
                    from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's
                    the worst one. These Texans are crazy.
                    ~

CHILI # 2 ARTHUR'S AFTERBURNER CHILI

JUDGE ONE: Smokey, with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.

JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

FRANK: Keep this out of the reach of children I'm not sure what I am
                    supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to
                    give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw
                    the look on my face.
                    ~

CHILI # 3 FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI

JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.

JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of peppers.

FRANK: Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I
                    have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now get me more
                    beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in
                    the front part of my chest. I'm getting ****-faced from all the beer.
                    ~
                    CHILI # 4 BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC

JUDGE ONE: Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

JUDGE TWO: Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or
                    other mild
                    foods, not much of a chili.

FRANK: I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste
                    it, is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the barmaid, was standing
                    behind me with fresh refills; that 300 lb. girl is starting to look HOT
                    just like this nuclear waste I'm eating. Is chili an aphrodisiac?
                    ~
                    CHILI # 5 LINDA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER

JUDGE ONE: Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding
                    considerable kick. Very Impressive.

JUDGE TWO: Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the
                    cayenne peppers make a strong statement.

FRANK: My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no
                    longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics.
                    The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me
                    brain damage, Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly
                    on it from a pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off? It really pisses
                    me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those
                    rednecks!
                    ~

CHILI # 6 VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY

JUDGE ONE: Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spice
                    and peppers.

JUDGE TWO: The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic.
                    Superb.

FRANK: My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric
                    flames. I **** myself when I farted and I worried it will eat through the
                    chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except Sally, she must be
                    kinkier than I thought. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my ass
                    with a snow cone!
                    ~

CHILI # 7 SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI

JUDGE ONE: A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

JUDGE TWO: Ho Hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili
                    peppers at the last moment. I should take note that I am worried about
                    Judge
                    Number 3, he appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing
                    uncontrollably.

FRANK: You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't
                    feel a damn thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it
                    is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili which slid
                    unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava-like **** to match my
                    damn shirt. At least during the autopsy they'll know what killed me. I've
                    decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Screw it, I'm not getting any
                    oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole
                    in my stomach.
                    ~
                    CHILI # 8 BILLY BOB'S SMOKIN ASS CHILI

JUDGE ONE: A perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili, safe for all, not
                    too bold but
                    spicy enough to declare its existence.

JUDGE TWO: This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor
                    hot.
                    Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge Number 3 passed out, fell
                    over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's
                    going to make it. Poor Yank, wonder how he'd have reacted to a really hot
                    chili?
                    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Damn people, my recipe is best,

HOT CRAP, ALL YOU CAN FIND
                      Beans
                      Meat
                      Cook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I need to wipe my ass with a snow cone

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X