Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition supporting US Marine in Fallujah

This guy need a break...

It's a horrble time over there, and very young men that are making life changing decisions are under a lot of stress to make the right decision in a split second.

He needs a boot strap up guys. Maybe this will mean something. Doubtfully, but maybe.

US Marine Petition

Re: Petition supporting US Marine in Fallujah

No thanks. He **** up, he should pay. Not 'cause I give a rats ass about the islamofacist scum in Falluja, but because this kind of behavior is putting other troops in danger by further inflaming tensions.

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

I signed.

This is (for me) the most significant part of the petition:

[ QUOTE ]
        A Marine in the same unit had been killed just a day earlier when he tended to the booby-trapped dead body of an insurgent.

NBC reported that the Marine seen shooting the Iraqi insurgent had himself been shot in the face the day before, but quickly returned to duty.

About a block away, a Marine was killed and five others wounded by a booby-trapped body they found in a house after a shootout with insurgents.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are at war. As far as I can tell, the shooting was "in bounds".
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I'm in to! Maybe he should have just stepped up and be-headed the dude?

I'm all for defending that Marine, in every way!

Pat

Comment

Sorry Bert, gotta disagree. Our troops must think of their own safety ahead of terrorists. The only reason the terrorist was alive at that point is because he was lucky enough not to get shot earlier. He should have been thankful for the additional time he did get.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I support our Marine 100%; I do wonder about whoever decided to send him back into action one day after he was shot in the face, but then if he was just grazed...? Still, I'd say give the guy a couple days to cool down, which he didn't have before being sent back into combat. Too bad for the insurgent but our guys come first.

Oh yeah, I did sign the petition!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

On the surface, it would appear he did what he had to do to protect himself and his unit. However, he is governed by LOAC (Law of Armed Conflict) which he may have violated if he had any indication the guy was wounded. Too much has yet to be determined. Would I trust the press' account of what happened? NEVER! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I agree with Lerx-if he were a police officer who had been shot in the line of duty he would have been placed on admin duty and had an evaluation done before returning to duty. Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for the insurgents, but I am sure there is enough evidence to support a PTSD defense if he were to be found responsible.

Comment

Hell, you know where I stand..

Bert, I think you're a worthless two-bit jerk....what do ya do do ..work at Toys R' Us..may as well.

I'm not in the friend making mood today.

If you're not showing support stay the fukk off this thread

Because I said so ...or I will ridicule your punk ass relentlessly for all to see..I like doing that!

It's what I live for.

Hail to our Troops ...they are the real deal ...not punks who play that fukkin' "good guy badge" BS...fukk that!

Hail !!!!

I feel for that poor dude ...I was in that situation ...and I had many peers in that EXACT kind of BS....man some people just don't get it ..no matter what ....man they SUCK! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bert were you "there" ...or did you just watch it on the TV....if you weren't there ...then please ...please ...shut the hell up.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

As a U.S. Marine, I am going to post here even though I do not support that Marine's actions. And while I was not "there" as in standing next to the dude when he did this, I spent my time in the USMC Infantry. I believe that he did the wrong thing by shooting an unarmed and injured man. I also understand what war does to people and the conditions that particular Marine was under. However, he DID shoot an unarmed man, which is against the Geneva Convention. I believe he should be accountable for his actions. However I also agree that there is a lot more going on there than you see in the footage. I believe all the conditions which were present should be taken into account when judging this case, but I do believe that the message should be sent out that what he did was WRONG. Shooting unarmed and injured prisoners is WRONG. Period.

Comment

I signed it. I am sick and tired of this double standard bullshit. These cowardly sons of bitches can play outside of the rules and the world turns a blind eye to it. But when an American Marine does something like this, it becomes a witch hunt and he is to burned at the stake. Yes, it may have been bad judgment. But I bet if you were living under that stress and you see most insurgents are armed or booby trapped you going to err on the side of caution. You better if you want to **** live.
                          Does anyone know why we won WW2, it is because the military wasn't policed by the press and public opinion. Watch the documentaries of the Pacific campaign. They would use a flame throwers on the Japanese soldiers until they were crispy. Was that humane? NO. But it was war and **** happens. I personally would kick the press out of Iraq. Our military can't fight this type of war with one hand tied behind its back.
                          Sorry for the strong language but I'm getting tired of the bleeding heart liberals who have never served a day in their lives condemning our military.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I signed it. I am sick and tired of this double standard bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, same goes for the other double standard. Don't post a response here as I don't want to hijack this thread but for those of you in the us: Can you think of a prominent American who was decorated and recently lauded for shooting a wounded fleeing VC in the back during the Viet Nam War? The lives of our troops are infinitely more important that the lives of terrorists, wounded or not. This Marine deserves a medal, not a court martial.
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              As a U.S. Marine, I am going to post here even though I do not support that Marine's actions. And while I was not "there" as in standing next to the dude when he did this, I spent my time in the USMC Infantry. I believe that he did the wrong thing by shooting an unarmed and injured man. I also understand what war does to people and the conditions that particular Marine was under. However, he DID shoot an unarmed man, which is against the Geneva Convention. I believe he should be accountable for his actions. However I also agree that there is a lot more going on there than you see in the footage. I believe all the conditions which were present should be taken into account when judging this case, but I do believe that the message should be sent out that what he did was WRONG. Shooting unarmed and injured prisoners is WRONG. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]The problem is, if the insurgent is lying on an IED and waiting to take a couple Marines with him, as has been happening with regularity, then our Marines can't really be sure he IS unarmed, or that he's really wounded. If you read the story that went with the petition, the Marines apparently fought one battle to secure the mosque, then insurgents slipped in and they had to figt for it over again the next day. They say this prisoner was wounded in the Friday battle, and the incident was during the mopup from the Saturday battle. How do you know the insurgents that snuck in that night didn't boobytrap or otherwise arm the wounded? Since it's happening that way all over town, I think it'd cross anyMarine's mind.The Geneva Convention didn't envision this kind of combat. We can't be bound by its provisions when the enemy makes the Apaches of Old West Arizona look like Gandhis.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X