• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bassplayer wanted !!!

hi all
    guys, you´re my last hope
    we badly need a bassplayer for our new band
    we got 4 songs now and no bassplayer at all, it can´t go on like this
    we do some kind of harcore/metal stuff, influenced by bands like IN FLAMES, CARCASS, HEAVEN SHALL BURN or CALIBAN to name just a few
    so, if you happen to play bass
    if you happen to know a bassplayer
    if you happen to know someone who knows a bass player
    please let me know
    the only thing is:
    we´re located in munich, germany
    i know that makes the thing a bit harder but...
    thanks
    andy

Re: bassplayer wanted !!!

Bass Player here, but I think the commute to rehersal might be a little difficult.
    "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Model1...we have several members here from Germany....maybe one of them can help you out.

I too, play bass...but don't have enough frequent flyer miles saved up to jam with you guys...LOL!

Comment

If you don't have any success in finding a bassist, maybe I can make some "alternative" suggestions. My band has gone for almost four years without a bassist, and with a minimal equipment investment, nobody notices anything lacking in our live sound. In the studio, I play bass, but for shows, I play lead guitar, with a little help from a Morley ABY and a Boss OC-3 Super Octave running to a bass amp.
        sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          If you don't have any success ... Morley ABY and a Boss OC-3 Super Octave running to a bass amp.

[/ QUOTE ]
          seems to be a good solution for the first times live
          studio is no problem, cause both of us guitarists are part time bassplayers too
          thanks bros for your nice comments
          but i really hope we find a fulltime member soon
          andy

Comment

Either that, or do the hard part. Play bass and look for another guitarist.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

... and hang my 25 guitars on a wall or what ?!?
              nope [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
              in at least one band i must play guitars [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              and if i think of another guitarist... no it would be too difficult [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              marty and me are longtime friends and our style fits perfect together (although he only plays ibanez - where the **** is the puke smiley)
              we must find a bassplayer
              andy

Comment

really no german bassplayers from around munich onboard?

Comment

I'm a slammin' bass player...too bad I'm long distance or I may be of some help to you..

but you MUST be worthy of my services... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I ran an ad in our loval music rag for a bass player. I thought drummer were f**ked up. I tried to filter the good from the bad over the phone. Not even close. I had guys show up drunk, without a bass ( he had a keyboard and a midi trumpet [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]) , one guy lights up a fatty in my studio , and some had no clue how to play.

This was for a '80 and '90 cover band.

Good luck !!!!

Comment

My friend's band is without a bass player. They sound just fine live, they just look a little lonely onstage with two guitars and no bass player. I don't have a bass player for my band yet either, but my guitar is really full sounding. When I decide it's time to look, I want him to have a punchy, midrangey sound so that he sort of pops out of the mix, while I swirl about the freqs like an oil light plugged into a 220V outlet.

Comment

wow you really raise my hopes dudes...

Comment

Working...
                        X