Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power metal recommendations for me?

[ QUOTE ]
    Seventh Avenue.... check these guys out... they have some mp3's up on their site. It is amazing! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Hey Troy. Do you have any of their cds? I am looking to maybe get one or two and I am not sure which ones... thanks

Zach

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Between The Worlds. I like it, but can't compare it to any of their other albums as it's the only one I have. The title track rules, actually the whole album is pretty good.

@everyone who doesn't like the fantasy themes. I suggest a look at Twilightning's Delirium Veil. Lyrics are more about mental illness and stuff, besides the guitar playing is fun.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing about Power metal that tends to really piss me off is when people refer to the singing as "opera". I have yet to hear any Power metal bands that use actual opera singing, except for maybe Nightwish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking about how cool (for Ace: NERDY) it would be if there actually was a MUSICAL for the Avantasia Metal Opera albums. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Complete with all the "actors" and doing the story on stage... man, I would kill to go see that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It'd basically be half concert, half musical. Kind of interesting (for Ace: NERDY again) to think about. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

No shame in being a nerd. Some of my best friends are nerds. If it weren't for nerds, we would never have made it to the moon, we wouldn't have electricity, and the Talking Heads never would have made it past bar band status!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, it is a great song! I love those albums, too, and think Pepper's cool. He originally tried out for the vocal spot before Karl, but he brought his guitar with him, they asked him to play, then decided they wanted to have a two-guitar band, then hired Karl. I really dig Pepper's vocals, but something about Blind and Karl's voice just really moves me. I've got all their old stuff, too, and should dig that out soon. The only thing I didn't get was the live album and the newest album (I can't even remember the name of the new one).

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I thought the new one was the live one. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          I'm pretty sure they put out a new album since the live one. I swear I heard one of the songs on the local metal station here not too long ago and they said it was new. It definitely wasn't a live song.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll have to try to find out what it is. Amazon's latest release listed is the live one, but that's Amazon for you. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yes , Ace I own all of Bolt Thrower's and they have always kicked ass stuff and
              Seventh Avenue is a polished Power Prog band on Massacre records but far from what I would recommend as a "must have" power metal band...unless you have everything ...like I do.
              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X