Escrow How Safe ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escrow How Safe ??

Never used Escrow before . Has anyone used it and how safe is it? An auction that I am interested in has Escrow as a payment option.

Mark
    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Re: Escrow How Safe ??

If it is an Escrow service that is endorsed by Ebay it would be very safe, as they would by endorsing it be a backup if something went wrong. I'd contact Ebay and make sure the escrow service is one they back though, down to verifying exactly the URL. This is because there are fake escrow services out there that take your money and run.

A legit escrow service protects you from someone sending you a box of rocks, or a POS.
    It ensures the seller's paid and the buyer gets what he bought. I've never used it myself, but it's extra insurance that you get what you paid for and are happy with it.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I've used escrow.com when buying from a low-feedback seller to make sure I wasn't getting shafted. Worked out well. Buyer usually covers fees.

Comment

my sister is the manager of escrow at the title company my wife works at. Respond with excactly what you are doing and I will have the wife look at it and tell you if it set right are not (my wife nows how it works).

Comment

Not to scare you, but escrow sites are rampant with fraud.
          Put your feet up and read this:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X