Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now here's an idea for all JCF members.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now here's an idea for all JCF members.........

Since everyone, well almost everyone has a birthday around here what say once a year everybody chip in $10.00, then once a month the admins hold a drawing for one person to choose a custom order from Charvel/Jackson any way they want it. Huh, sounds like a killer deal to me, & $10.00 for everybody to chip in ain't to bad.

Re: Now here\'s an idea for all JCF members.........

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] to that idea!!...although I think too many things would potentially keep that from happening.

Comment

I like the idea.

Comment

You're saying that everyone chip in 10 bucks (that's presuming you can get everyone, even the lurkers, to chip in that comes to 41640) and then once a month the Admins draw for a custom shop guitar? Problem I see with it is getting everyone to chip in 10 bucks. There are folks around here who are scraping by as it is. I'm sure it would be great to get a $3000+ guitar for only 10 bucks, but the odds are way too against it. And I don't think you could get much more than 100 people to participate.

Don't get me wrong, it would be a neat idea, but there's just too many variables that stack the deck against success on this.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

It would be lots of extra work for the admins
          as well, and they would in effect become C/J dealers of a sort. People would b1tch about the methods of choice and question the credibility of the process (wrongly, but they would!). If there were a problem getting your Custom Shop order from Jackson, there'd be the admins in the middle, with the hassles of a dealer but no $ for doing it. I'm sure that, like TEKKY, the admins can think of many more reasons not to, but those are off the top of my head.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

how about everybody gives 1 dollar, and the winner just gets a check for whatever is in the "bank." I'm sure everyone can paypal the admins one dollar, even if they are just scraping by. Hell, I have a dollar worth of change in my cupholder at any given time.

Comment

I think the admins already had their hands full with related headaches on the JCF series. I'm thinking they're not interested in going there at all. And I don't blame them.

Comment

Not everyone has Paypal, or a checking account. Cash gets stolen in the mail. How many $1 checks would bounce because someone forgot they took $20 out Friday night to buy some weed? Would the account be in one admin's name, or the JCF as a whole? To avoid
                liability issues, does the JCF become a Subchapter S corporation or a LLC? Who pays the attorneys' fees for all this? The JCFers a $1 a pop? The $4164 would be used up just to set up, maybe for more than one year. Then everyone would say "Sh1t man, they didn't have no giveaway, so I'm not pitching in this year!" eanwhile the JCF now has extra fixed costs which it can't meet, it goes BK, and you're all stuck with the ESP board, and may God have mercy on your souls!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'll make this easy. Everyone that can do so, Paypal me a dollar. There. Wasn't that simple?
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

sorry tim, i don't have a dollar. seriously.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Hey, my birthday is on Monday Nov 29th! So how's about it, where's my Kelly?
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Well here goes the well this, well that type of crap, look I am by far scraping by; 4 kids at home, mortgage, 2 truck notes, & making less than $600.00 every 2 weeks after taxes, but hell I would even through in 25.00 just to see it go off. If the admins don't wanna mess with it then name someone to be the holder of the cash, & if anyone thinks that they may bounce a check, well make it very simple, everyone must pay by postal money order only & the first year will be even number mos then the second year will be odd number mos & if you already have been chosen then you can't be chosen again for 5 years, there very simple. Oh and as far as someone being in the middle, well don't know who's bright idea that was, but let's see hmmm did I mention that........N-O the person's birthday that it is will order the guitar personally from one of the sponsors here at the JCF. Man that's hard huh, dam@ it seems like everytime something good comes up somebody wants to shoot it down [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

But you see the admins can't have it associated wth the JCF at all if they aren't in charge of it. You're certainly free to start the Rocker8090 forum and colect donations. I am not trying to be a party pooper, but having seen similar ideas come up from time to time over the past couple of years, I remember the admins' responses. Also, if the designated money guy, whoever he was, decided to take the $ and run, what would happen? Everybody would be pissed at the JCF for not "doing something".

It's a generous idea, but not worth the admins' time. Holidays are here, Sully's laid up with a broken collarbone and ribs so they're down by 25% manpower anyway, what's so hard to realize about that? They also ca't just let anyone within the membership do something like this under no scrutiny of their own, since there's liability to association with the JCF name and trademark. That is also not hard to conceive of either.

Nice thought, not practical, give it up, move on! Happy Holidays!!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

BTW, the holder of the cash IS the middleman, since he would either be paying Jackson or giving the $ to the birthday winner.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Well here goes the well this, well that type of crap, look I am by far scraping by; 4 kids at home, mortgage, 2 truck notes, & making less than $600.00 every 2 weeks after taxes, but hell I would even through in 25.00 just to see it go off. If the admins don't wanna mess with it then name someone to be the holder of the cash, & if anyone thinks that they may bounce a check, well make it very simple, everyone must pay by postal money order only & the first year will be even number mos then the second year will be odd number mos & if you already have been chosen then you can't be chosen again for 5 years, there very simple. Oh and as far as someone being in the middle, well don't know who's bright idea that was, but let's see hmmm did I mention that........N-O the person's birthday that it is will order the guitar personally from one of the sponsors here at the JCF. Man that's hard huh, dam@ it seems like everytime something good comes up somebody wants to shoot it down [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are hell-bent on trying to get a guitar for $10-$25 aren't you?? Hey, it's honorable, but it's just not practical.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X