Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mail Fraud, someone with legal knowledge, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Fraud, someone with legal knowledge, HELP!

Some ass dart has purchased something off of me on ebay. They bought a game, took quite some time to pay for it, and then they filed a complaint with paypal, just ten days after I shipped it, saying they never got it.

Paypal is against me on this, saying because I didn't use tracking, it's my own damn fault, okay I accept that, but I think the bastard got the game, and is saying he didnt to get his money back.

What do I do to file a mail fraud complaint, how effective are they, and what do I need to do it?

I've got my receipt that I used to pay for the shipping, I've got the statement from my bank with my credit card on it, I've got the emails, and all the headers for them that I sent him, and I've also got emails I've sent THROUGH ebay, and through another ISP figuring maybe he would get them.

He has a BS phone number listed with ebay, I went to 411.org, and whitepages.com, and called the phone company, got another number, but it was disconnected, and ebay has him listed in Mountain View CA, and Paypal has him in Sunny Vale CA.

What should I do?

Re: Mail Fraud, someone with legal knowledge, HELP

If it will make you feel better, you can file a report with the Postal Inspection Service (http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/welcome2.htm) and if you really want, with the police department/sheriff's office in his town. If the local law enforcement won't take the report, call the DA in his town and tell them.

Sorry you got ripped off. That is why people a) won't ship to a nonconfirmed paypal address, if being paid by paypal, and b) always get at least delivery confirmation.

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Without proof of delivery you are pretty much SOL.

Matt

Comment

yeah, this guy ruined it for everyone. On purchases under 50$ I try to save people cash, just by shipping Priority Mail.

From now on, it's UPS, if you don't have a UPS accesable address, though ****. If you're not verified, tough, if you're not confirmed, though. I can see why people have crap shipping rates, all it takes is one guy to ruin it.

Granted, I've always tacked on a few bucks for going to the PO and I always say, there's a small handling/packing charge, but on these small purchases, never, it always makes them sell faster, with cheap shipping. Well, not anymore, this guy just screwed everyone.

Thanks Darwin from Sunny Vale CA!

Comment

You'll find UPS will ream you on the small packages; a package that's $5 Priority Mail will be $9 or $10 for UPS. WSpend 50 cents on Delivery Confirmation and you'll have proof of delivery; you can require a signature if you want. If you had Delivery Confirmation on this one Paypal would probably take your side.
          Sorry this happened to you but learn the right lesson and don't react in a way that costs you even more business. Don't let Darwin cause you to start screwing yourself.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X