Exploding Baking Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploding Baking Pan

I had a Pyrex, yes, Pyrex baking pan explode Sunday night when I took it out of the oven. Nothing like being hit with hundreds of shards of burning glass. Still no idea why it happened. and no I didn't put anything cold in it right after taking it out of the oven. I took it out, put it on top of the stove and turned to grab a cutting board and BOOM! No injuries thankfully.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Exploding Baking Pan

It might have had a flaw in it or you must have put it on something really cold. Tempered glass shatters. Hot surface contraction from cold might be enough.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I put it on a burner on the stove that had been used on low 20 minutes before I took the pan out of the oven so it wasn't put down on anything cold. I'm willing to bet that there was probably a small crack or something in it caused by the way the kids shove the pots and pans in the cabinet when they put that stuff away.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

You should sue all the world

http://www.campchaos.com/show.php?iID=224
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That happened to my mother one time. She was pulling a pyrex dish with a meatloaf in it out of the oven, and it broke in half right in her hand. luckily, she saved the meatloaf!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            You should sue all the world

http://www.campchaos.com/show.php?iID=224

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Happened to me too! a few years ago I was cooking a rib roast in a glass pyrex dish. About half way through cooking it I opened up the oven to check it. It seem fine and I shut the oven door. about a minute later. BOOM! It exploded. When I opened the door, there was nothing but the roast sitting there on the rack. Wierd ****!
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
              X