New Stephen Pearcy Interview: All things 'RATT'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Stephen Pearcy Interview: All things 'RATT'

Good interview out today at Glam-Metal about Stephen, Robbin, RATT, etc...

Here's a small excerpt:

"It was the other way around. Poison opened up for RATT. Great tour, I loved the new bands (Poison/Bon Jovi) getting all famous and out of control, because we were still the new band. They made us a lot of money. Lol, They both are in the game and that is well respected. Very good guys, I think we almost killed Brett once early on that tour. We took him for a ride on our tour bus after a show and taught him how the real partiers party. He had to be rushed to the hospital the next show from to much party. Fuckin’ funny."

http://glam-metal.com/stephenpearcy.html

Happy Thanksgiving all... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: New Stephen Pearcy Interview: All things \'RATT\'

BTW, this was recently post by Juan over on his message board:

"Hi Friends:

It has been brought to my attention that one of my responses in the resent interview for Rock-N-Radio is inaccurate. The interview is actually a few months old. It also took about a month for it to get posted on their site.

Point being, the question:

RNR: Any chance you will ever get back with them?

Answer: I would consider touring as Ratt again, only if it made financial and contractual sense to me.

That answer is incorrect and preceded a few phone discussions that took place with other Ratt people recently. (Yes, there was talk about reforming the band but it was stymied by ignorant demands, delusions of power and major differences of opinion. In other words, nothing had changed.) Unfortunately, I failed to update this answer before turning in the interview. The correct up-to-date answer is: At this point, I would not consider being part of a Ratt reunion on any level. And don't get me wrong, I was trying to be reasonable and cooperative. I even attempted (why, I don't know) to be a liaison between some of the parties involved but we hit a brick wall. Let me just leave it at that.

I am not trying to draw attention to this matter but I also do not want to give false hope or the impression that reforming the original band is an option for me at this point. It's simply not. Now, let's all move on with life!

Thank you,

Juan

http://www.juancroucier.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007266.html

Comment

Re: New Stephen Pearcy Interview: All things \'RATT\'

No Robbin, no possible original reunion really. Pearcy's always been spotty vocally live, and not muich of a performer. Rumor on the Sludge boards is that Warren vetoed the idea of a reunion, and that Stephen and Juan would only be paid sidemen and not bandmembers if they did come back, like Ace and Peter in KISS. think Warren and Bobby insisted on this condition to make sure they'd turn it down.

Jizzy's a lot better singer and frontman anyway, Robbie does a good job and John Corabi
      is great on rhythm and backup vox, so it makes no sense fro a reunion of the ramaining original members. I think it'd just be a somber reminder that Robbin's gone, and they would not have the chemistry together.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Re: New Stephen Pearcy Interview: All things \'RATT

At this point, they'd only be able to play crappy little clubs or be third on a package bill even if they could reform the original lineup. Which makes all of the 'corporate intrigue' seem a bit pathetic.

Ratt was pretty huge, but they really dropped off the cliff popularity-wise compared to Poison or Bon Jovi. And I think Ratt had much better songs than either of those bands.

Comment

Pearcy is kinda like DuBrow - egocentric mediocre guys past their prime that have a distorted view of how important they were in their bands.

Never heard Jizzy in Ratt, but he was killer in Love / Hate. (Jon E. Love was a great match with Jizzo - Ratt should axe Corobi and put Jon in). Jon E. and DeMartini as a dual guitar power combo slinging Charvels with Jizzy on vocals. Think of the possibilities!

Comment

Interesting, but see pro-fusion's 1st line.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, but most everybody here is somewhat living in 1985 era likes / dislikes anyways. (No matter that the music scene currently doing big business sucks.)

DeMartini & Blotzer don't wanna give up the Ratt "brand". But it should have evolved into a different project entirely. Same thing with VH after Roth left, but those other clowns are topic of another discussion. Pearcy is a short greasy bragger that likes to shoot off his mouth. Shades of DuBrow? Yep, same deal with this guy.

Comment

Working...
              X