ANOTHER redundant Happy Thanksgiving post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER redundant Happy Thanksgiving post

Just a note to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Sadly, for one reason or another, some of us are alone this holiday, some of us are suddenly jobless, some of us are in bad health as well. Through all of these things we all endure at some time or another, it is sometimes hard to be thankful for much of anything.

Yes, considering the way the year has been for so many of us, it's often very hard to appreciate the simple things we do have that are good in our lives. But, even if we are just alive and reading this, we do at least have a couple things to be thankful for.

I know I really get down about the crappy things life hands us all and it is so easy to be bitter and sad about these things. But, seeing what some people here on this board go through, and then seeing the strength and optimism they carry through it all are shining examples to me that help inspire me to appreciate what things we do have. Even in bad times, we usually have a few things to be thankful for. We just have to look a little closer and thiunk about it, but they are usually there somewhere.

Actually, people here so often inspire me in many ways really. That is actually one very big thing that I'm quite thankfull in life for. Just interacting with so many of you great people is a great thing and this community certainly brings me a lot happiness. Lotsa people here I consider great friends. Ya gotta appreciate that ehh?

Even for those of us who may not have family or friends close, you do have friends here at least. They may be on the other side of the world, but they are certainly friends to value. They think of you and how you are, and want you to be well and happy... This community sure does do that, I appreciate that I have friends from here in so many places.

Aside from all that rambling, one particular point, is maybe to give some thought and appreciation to our service men and women who are overseas in a place where it is so horribly dangerous. They are selflessly sacrificing their time and energies in the thought of making the world a better place somehow and all for us here back home. Definitely my biggest thanks I suppose. They do an awesome service for us and for little appreciation. A little thought and maybe a prayer for those that do, would be appropriate. They really deserve possibly the biggest thanks of all.

Basically, I just wanna say, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Re: ANOTHER redundant Happy Thanksgiving post

Well said bro....That's a great post!

I fall into the jobless category for the time, so I can't be thankful for that, BUT....I gained a great new family out of the breakup of my marriage, and I can't be more thankful for the wonderful woman who is now part of my life, and our new baby together (when he's born in January).

I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

And all the great friends I've made here over the years...some personal, some just in copy on the board here...but all are considered friends regardless. Thanks to all of you as well.

Have a great day, however you choose to celebrate it!

~Ken

Comment

Wow John. Those are some poignant words, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Good things to ponder.

All I can say is Thank You and Cheers to all my JCF brothers and sisters.
      Thank You for making me feel so at home!

Blessed Be to All [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Emily

Comment

You and I are on the same note Cleveland Metal!
        [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        <font color="red"> Happy Thanksgiving?!

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.

Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said,

"I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued,

"May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY thanksgiving to all !
        </font>

Comment

John, thank you so much for a wonderful post and kind words. Enjoy your holiday and best wishes to you and your family.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Well said, my friend!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Oh, and ROCKPRO, That was fuggin funny!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I try to add a touch of humor.. thanks!

Comment

Well said John..

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you enjoy the holiday.

I'm heating up teh peanut oil right now, trying my first attempt at Cajun fried this year,
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Great post, Cleve. Sometimes the things you should be greatful for are right in front of you, it's just easier to complain sometimes for all of us. I'm thankful for my girlfriend, music, and family!

Comment

Thanks Cleve, your words really hit home.

Comment

Working...
                    X