Any good Thanksgiving stories yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any good Thanksgiving stories yet?

Jeeze... You guys are too funny. I went with my girlfriend down to her Mom's in Tucson. We took her sister with us, and met her other 4 sisters down there. It was yummy! I'll leave it at that. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, nothing to interesting here... Just the usual, a day full of games, movies and everyone leaving at 2am... ( From 2PM!!!!! ) Long day, but all good none the less.

You guys ever have that "one" relative that manages to do something every year? We have a few of them and glad to say, not one of them showed up this year!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hope you all had a good one!

And john, I don't know what to say abotu that situation, but you've got a good head on your shoulders and I'm certain you'll make the right decision... Peace bro!

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        <font color="yellow"> Oh man, thanks Jim.....I haven't thought of the Ground Round for YEARS!!

My grandfather used to take me to one in Maine. I remember that they showed cartoons all the time and offered peanuts and you just threw the shells on the floor [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Man...funny how time works eh....those were good times, and he's been gone now since 1984.

Thank you Jim for the memory.

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember going to them in Connecticut as a kid and they were just as you described. The atmosphere is a bit different today. Now it is more like an Applebees/99/Outback/TGIF..etc. No peanuts or popcorn. No cartoons. Just the average fare.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, I'm hearing loud and clear bro. Thanks. I'm leaning to you being right... Been in deep thought lately about it all.

Luckily, she isn't as bad as her family! haha... Lotsa of thought going on though about things...

Thanks for the input, it's assuredly taken well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel for you, John. I have been in the same situation with my wife's mother for the past ten years. Last year we took the kids over for Christmas and mom was nowhere to be found. We located her and some dude passed out naked in the bathtub with hypos hanging out of their arms - merry christmas you junkie wh0re. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] We called EMS and left the losers to bathe in their feces and took off. This has been ongoing for my wife since she was a child. At 17 she came home to find mom's then boyfriend hanging from the upstairs railing. Through these experiences and many, many more my wife has remained an angel, a true saint. She won't drink at all, nurtures our kids wonderfully and has been by my side through some horrible and life threatening experiences.
          Many thought she would have been a cast off, given her upbringing, but something was within her that kept the dream alive. John, if you feel she's worth it maybe it is worth it, who knows? As for the junkie at your door...remove him by whatever means necessary.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Well, I was on the way back from this party...

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/26/th....ap/index.html
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

John just called me a bit a go and gave me the play by play of his Thankgiving Day Fiasco..

I was very amused ...but neither John nor myself are surprised by this behavior..

Idiot + Booze = drunken idiot

Speakin' of "booze"..I'm am not a drinking man ...Nope , it's Pills and Weed ...that's my poison....my pleasure.

But being it was "Thanksgiving" I indulgded in one shot of rum in my eggnog with the family unit...BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

I now know that One shot of Barcadi + Darvocette + Soma + Thanksgiving feast = buckets of chunky-style puke..

But like a true "Binge and Purge Roman" ...I went back for seconds.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                X