Drag racing fans check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag racing fans check this out

I just couldn't believe this. The first 10.5 outlaw to break into the 6's! Yup, 6.96 @ 207mph in the 1/4 on 10.5" tires! Man, drag racing technology has come a long way in the past few years. Here's the story:
    http://www.dragracingonline.com/agen.../vi_11-14.html
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Re: Drag racing fans check this out

man that's smoking!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

In a Mustang too... Awesome!

Man, that is a crazy speed in a small tire car. He's asking for it, those cars get squirrely at the big end. Had a few NMRA guys die (Racin Jason)in those cars getting fast as that. And that was when they were breaking into the high 7s. Most went to the longer wheelbase Thunderbird based cars.

Comment

WOW

Comment

That is insane !! I have a couple of friends that run older fox body Mustangs on a 10.5 tire.One runs in the low 9's the other is knocking on the 7's.To watch them run and watch the way they fight the car is nuts.He must have a very big set to drive that thing.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I agree about the wheelbase. That **** gets scary around 120 and over. It's like if you sneeze you're done! I drove a super gas 9.90's car a friend of mine bought (mid 80's). It was a Mustang II based car, 482 BBC w/ 14X32's under the rear. I made three passes and swore I'd never get in that car again. These guys are making that look like childs play.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
            X